Family interrogation

Kajol, seeking solace from her restless excitement, ventured into the garden while Shah Rukh slumbered. Sleep had eluded her, her anticipation of this place too potent to succumb to slumber. Settling upon a bench, she reclined and closed her eyes, exhaling a sigh of relief. Yet, her tranquility was interrupted by the approach of a voice. Opening her eyes, she sat upright, only to find herself met with the piercing gaze of two elder women. Rising hastily, she averted her eyes as they scrutinized her with their piercing gazes.

"Who might you be, dear? Are you in search of someone?" one of the women inquired, her voice gentle.

"Um... I..." Kajol stammered, her words failing her, until a familiar voice rescued her from the inquisition.

"She is with me, aunt," Shah Rukh's voice came from behind.

The attention of the two women shifted towards Shah Rukh, who approached them from the doorway.

"Aunt Vidya, Aunt Nyla, this is Kajol. Kajol, meet my aunties. My father's sisters," Shah Rukh introduced.

"Hello," Kajol murmured timidly.

"Why did you not inform us of your arrival, Shah Rukh?" Vidya inquired.

"We would have prepared something for you," Nyla added.

"I arrived earlier this afternoon. Kajol and I were considering grabbing a bite in town," Shah Rukh responded.

"What? Nonsense! You are coming to my house. I will prepare a feast for you and your guest. By the way, where are Priya and Lily?" Vidya questioned.

"Priya and I are no longer together, Aunt. It's a long story. As for Lily, she is back at home. She mentioned she would visit you before departing for the States," Shah Rukh explained.

"You and Priya are no longer together? How did that come to pass? What happened?" Nyla inquired.

"It's a lengthy tale. I will share it with you later. For now, Kajol and I need to converse about something. We will leave you two to enjoy yourselves," Shah Rukh declared, leading Kajol away as the two women exchanged knowing glances.

Once Shah Rukh and Kajol had departed, the two women engaged in a private discussion.

"Do you see what I see?" Vidya, the elder of the two, remarked.

"Yes, I do. However, I am reluctant to believe what my eyes are witnessing," Nyla responded.

"Those two are involved with each other," Vidya stated, her gaze filled with understanding.

"But she appears so young. She is nearly the same age as Lily," Nyla observed.

"She may be older than her. And she possesses a remarkable beauty. I do not believe her age matters if Shah Rukh finds happiness in her presence," Vidya asserted.

"Yes, he does seem content with her. Yet, I am curious about what transpired between him and Priya. Do you think something occurred to cause their separation?" Nyla pondered.

"Who knows? I never cared for that woman, you know. There was something about her that did not sit well with me. Regardless, let us go and prepare dinner at the house for them. I am certain they must be famished after their journey," Vidya suggested, to which Nyla nodded in agreement.

Together, the two women departed the premises, each making their way to their respective homes to prepare a meal for Shah Rukh and Kajol.

Meanwhile, Shah Rukh and Kajol found themselves seated in the living room, engaged in conversation.

"Your aunties, they seem pleasant," Kajol remarked, recalling her speechlessness upon meeting Shah Rukh's family.

"Yes, they are. Although, they do tend to meddle in my affairs whenever I visit," Shah Rukh confessed.

The wrong text messageOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara