•°05•°

Next day was the match day. Both the team reached Wankhede stadium and started their preparations.

Unfortunately Ishan could not join since he was advised to rest.

But what upset Virat was that Ishan has been ignoring him this whole time from yesterday. He did not call Virat like usual to wish him. Virat felt a little low due to Ishan's ignorance.

" Virat bhai apko toss ke liye bulaya Jaa raha h. " Shivam Dube, informed him.

Rohit saw him and understood the reason behind his dullness. He so wanted to go and cheer him but as they were on the field, he refrained himself. MI won the toss and elected to bat. And the IPL T20 began.

The game was going good but the players noticed a little disturbed Virat.

" Hey Virat, are you good?? " AB, inquired him.

" Ya all good just a little headache. "

" Want me to talk and replace you for this innings?? " AB asked worriedly.

" No no, I'm fine. Let's continue and see that panda, again glaring at you. " Virat denied and joked but AB could sense it was fake. Something was definitely off but decided not to force.

And the first innings came to an end with 185/3 score to chase.

Virat was in the dressing room when he picked his phone to call Ishan. But he was surprised to see a message from the kid.

' Don't lose your focus and play well. I know the reason of your disturbance is me but don't let it affect the game or I'll blame myself. All the best and I love you. '

And the smile was back on his face. But a certain bowler too read the message sneakily from behind him. And it irritated him to the core.

Siraj and Umesh noticed a sulking Yuzi.

" Arre Yuzi bhai, idhar ese kyu baithe ho ?? " Siraj asked.

" Nothing Siri. Let's go, the innings are about to start. " Yuzi dismissed the conversation. Siraj too shrugged it and raced to see the match.

This whole time the only thought eating up Yuzi was, why was Ishan so special to his brothers.

Somehow it felt more than what met the eyes.

As the second innings began, Yuzvendra Chahal couldn't shake off the nagging feeling about Ishan's significance to his teammates. He pondered over it while focusing on his bowling.

In the end, it was a nail-biting finish, with RCB emerging victorious by a narrow margin.

As the team gathered for a post-match celebration, Virat noticed Yuzvendra's subdued demeanor. Sensing his friend's distress, he approached him with a reassuring smile.

"Yuzi, everything okay?" Virat asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

" Ha Virat bhai, everything good. " He replied with a small smile.

Later, before boarding his flight, Yuzi shared this piece of event with other members.

Hardik scoffed, " why does this kid have such impact on our brothers?? Remember Jassi, how excited Ro was when he received the news of Ishan's selection in Mumbai Indians. "

Jassi nodded with a dull face. And Hardik hated his best friend like this. Sure now, he is gonna have some serious talk with the boy.

Other hand, Virat rushed inside the hotel to check on Ishan before the team leaves for their next match.

" Ishu, abhi kaisa h baccha ?? " Virat asked softly stroking his hair.

Ishan stole a glance and looked away, " I'm good. "

" Jaa Raha hu, ek baar dekhe ga bhi nhi ?? "

Ishan shut his eyes as tears welled up in them. Gulping his lump, he shook his head.

Virat cupped his face and planted a forehead kiss, " I'm sorry Mera baccha. Please maaf kar de. " His voice cracked a bit in the end.

Ishan immediately embraced him and started to cry. " You are so bad, aapne chilaya mujhpe. I'll complain to mahi bhai. "

" I know baby, " Virat said rubbing his back. " But abhi please chup ho jaa. You are sick already, aur bimar ho jaye ga. "

Ishan reluctantly pulled away from the hug, " aap baat mat karo mujhse. Kyu Jana h itni jaldi ?? "

" I know Ishu, " Virat smiled, relieved that his baby was no more angry on him, " but abhi Jana toh parega. Now listen carefully, always listen to Ro, call me atleast twice everyday, khana time se khana h and no skipping meals, koi problem ho toh immediately inform Ro or me and lastly focus on your practice. "

Ishan nodded like an obedient child. " I'll miss you papa. "

" Me too baby, " once again embracing his kid, " me too. And please maintain distance from that Polly and Shubman. " He kinda whined.

Ishan laughed rolling on the bed, " Polly helps me in batting and Shubi is my best friend. "

" Whatever. And there are other batsman too. Rohit h, Hardik, Surya, Yuvi pa bhi toh h. And that best friend clings a little too much for my liking. "

Ishan rolled his eyes but nodded hidding his smile.

" Chalo baap-bete, times up. Vi Teri team wait kar rahi h tera, hurry up. " Rohit said interrupting their moments.

" Aa gya jello insaan. Yaar toh RCB m kyu nhi h. " Virat mocked and once again kissed Rohit and Ishan's forehead. " Bye and take care both of you. "
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hope you enjoy this...

SristiPriya
ItsSid7
DivaAngellina
oppalovemeplease

Ye lo tumlog ka update. Please shower your support.