And my eyes land on the perfect thing.

"FAN! We have sorbet!"

He gets off of his chair and comes next to me. I show him the little 1 serving tubs of lemon and lime, mango, mint, and raspberry.

"Dibs on the raspberry one" he says smiling, sneaking the tub away from my hand. I smile, saying "ofcourse" and giggle at his silliness and grab myself the mango sorbet.

"So.. back to your room?" he asks. I look outside and notice the partly sunny outdoors, and a soft, cool breeze coming from the open windows.

"Why don't we go outside?"

He turns his head and stares at the windows for a few seconds, squinting his eyes a little. I start to get the feeling that he doesn't want to go, and wants to stay cosy indoors.

"I mean, you don't have to if you don't feel like i-" I start, getting interrupted by him.

"Nono, actually I think a bit of fresh air would be nice" he says, while re-adjusting his glasses.

Fan leaves the kitchen to open the door while I grab us two spoons. As I leave, I notice nickel walking into the kitchen, dragging a chair with him.

Huh. Weird.

Fan opens the hotel door and we exit onto the grassy area. I look around to see if anyone was there, and I spot balloon with his poetry book, and knife and pickle chatting in the distance. Balloon walks back inside the hotel while fan finds a place we can sit.

"So.. what do you want to talk about?" he says, while sitting down. As I sit down next to him, I notice his voice was kind of breezy and he was smiling a lot more than usual.

I didn't know he liked sorbet that much.

He really likes raspberry though. I guess that's what it is. I think of a question to ask him to start a conversation.

"Do you have any new theories?" I ask. 

And that sets him off immediately. It was my go-to question, because it would send him rambling about anything.

And as I stare at his large hazel eyes, wide with passion, I realise.. I like listening to his rambles.

I smile softly and feel a wave of.. something over me.

It felt nice.

And I listen to him go on for a few minutes, nodding and agreeing and taking little bites of my mango sorbet.

"Hey fan, don't forget about your sorbet" I remind him, pointing my spoon at his tub. He stops talking suddenly after saying "Oh!" and starts quickly eating the treat.

"Hey hey, slow down!" I say smiling.

"But I don't like when it's melted.." he says frowning playfully, then eating another spoon.

(an: THE SILLYYY)

I pat his head without thinking, but immediately come to my senses and snatch my hand away, blushing and regretting it a little. Fan pauses for a second, and it's hard to read his expression, so I look away before I could.

Why did I do that

Why did I do that

Why did I do that

Why did I do that

Why did I do that

Why did I do that

Why did I do that

"Hey tubey.." fan starts. I don't notice that I'm staring at the grass and snap my head in his direction a little too fast,