003 ~ new to camp

My mom told me more about camp and the people I will meet there. Soon she dropped me off at camp and we said our goodbyes outside of the gate.

"Love you mom, see you after camp." I said. She told me she loved me and she waited until I got in camp." As I went inside I was confident because I would see my brother and I was more normal then others.

There was some people with one eye and people with a horse body. Many people were different then I pictured. The activities director's name Chiron and he had half a horse body.

Chiron walked up to me and said, "Are you Hailey Jackson?" I looked and everyone was looking at me. "Yes my name is Hailey Jackson and my mom's name is Sally Jackson."

Everyone looked at me because my brother was there and he had the same last name as me. They weren't expecting someone new to come.

There was this boy named Thales, he was a fourteen year old Greek demi-god who was the son of the Hades. There was also this girl named Efimia that wasn't exactly respectful to me.

At camp there was a girl named Clarisse La Rue and she was smart and gorgeous. Halkyone is Efimia's brother and he seems like he hates her because the meaning of her name is well spoken but she speaks a lot more then well.

Pamphilos was friends with everyone because that was the meaning of her name. I didn't know what the meaning of my name was.

"Hey my name is Dianthe, so your Percy Jackson's sister?" Dianthe said. "Yeah, speaking of Percy, where is he?" I asked her.

"He's in cabin eleven, over there. Wanna be friends?" Dianthe said. "Sure, see you around." I walked over to cabin eleven and saw Percy I was so nervous that he wouldn't think that I'm his sister.

"Hi, are you new here?" Percy asked. "Yeah are mom sent me here. I just found out that I have a brother." I said. "Yeah I already know that I have a demi-god sister." Percy said.

"So.. do you know where I'm staying. Like what cabin?" I asked. He pointed to a empty bed and said, "Here in cabin eleven. It's the only room left."

I got all my things put away and went to see  Chiron. I was told to see the activities director when I got there to talk to him about everything that I needed to know about camp and what we did there.

The first thing we did was train in the archery field. We did things in the archery field, in the sword fighting arena, a climbing wall with lava, stables, an amphitheater, and the armory.

Everything seemed hard at camp I didn't really know what to do or what to say because everyone seemed like they knew what to do. I guess if I trained more and watched others then I would get the hang of it.

Dionysus said that me, Percy, Luke Annabeth and Clarisse had to help others with training and defend them during battle. I wasn't sure how to do it myself so why did I have to help others and defend them? I thought.

I was new to all this but Percy was okay with all the training and helping out because he had been her for at least a year. He gave me his necklace that was from Dionysus.

Dionysus gave all the campers them so that they had luck and so that they could remember each other ay camp. Percy said it symbolizes journey and achievements and he gave it to me because it meant alit to him and I guess I did too.