S2 ch.11:Mermaid's magic

Start from the beginning

"Is everyone okay!??"Taufan asked as he arrived with Solar and Thorn.

Halilintar nodded and gestured at Blaze with his chin. "He got shot but Ice healed him."

"Healed him? Since when can Ice use healing magic?"Taufan asked in confusion.

"No,"Solar shook his head. "Mermaid magic. That voice we heard earlier must've been Ice."

"Oh- that makes more sense!"Taufan nodded. "His voice was so nice I didn't even realize that it was Ice's."

"Me neither."Thorn added.

"As long as everyone safe it doesn't matter."Solar sighed, his breathing finally slowing down after his worry.

Everyone nodded and joined the others in their happy atmosphere. However, Gempa seemed to have something in his mind as his smile quivered. "That wasn't mermaid healing.. but mermaid rage."

"Are all of the hunters defeated?"Yaya asked Halilintar.

He nodded. "Ice killed them all."

"I see."She nodded with a smile. "I didn't know that mermaid was this strong."

"It is said that mermaid could control the water. But they of course have other abilities too. However it is not known since both mermaids and sirens live in the water and rarely ever interact with the land."Solar explained.

"No wonder there's so little books about mermaids and siren."Ying concluded.

"Your voice is so nice!"Taufan said cheerfully.

"Of course, I'm a merman."Ice deadpanned.

"I know! But I never once heard you sing!"Taufan said.

"A nice voice can't be heard just like that!"Blaze reasoned. "There's gotta be a special occasion!"

"True.."

"And I hate singing."Ice added.

"E-eh?? Why??"Taufan asked, his hope of hearing Ice's angelic voice once again shattered.

"Too much work."

"Why did I even ask?"Taufan sighed.

"Welp, what are we waiting for? Let's continue our journey! It's still a long way to the cursed forest."Blaze said as he quickly got up.

"I think it's better if we rest first."Gempa said.

"But I'm completely healed!"He pulled his shirt upward. "There's not even a scar!"

With that he earned a smack from his twin who had returned back to his human form.

"Ouch!"Blaze pouted. "What was that for!??"

"We're resting."Ice said firmly.

"Ugh fine.."Blaze grumbled.

"I was worried for no reason."Solar shook his head. "In this case I'm glad I was wrong to worry.."He turned to look at his own brother, searched for any injury and smiled a little when he couldn't find one.

"Alright, it's decided!"Taufan exclaimed. "Time to build our camp for the night!"

"Can we please sleep somewhere far away from here..?"Thorn said while pointing at the corpses outside.

Boboiboy nodded in agreement. "It's scary.."

"Of course we can!"Taufan looked away. "I find it scary too.."

They walked a little further until they couldn't smell any blood anymore and built their camp for the night.

"Aren't you going to sleep?"Taufan asked Blaze. "You've been staying guard for quite a while now. And you especially should be resting!"

"I'm fine."Blaze said, eyes never leaving the dark woods.

"Are you worried that more hunter might come?"Taufan asked, his voice now becoming more gentle.

Blaze hesitated. "Yes.."

Taufan's let out a soft sigh as he sat next to him. "Don't worry no one can hurt you. We're here."

"I know."Blaze said, his shoulder still stiff.

"Alright, then you won't mind me staying guard with you?"Taufan said in a cheerful voice, hoping to cheer his werewolf friend.

"Sure.."Blaze said after a litlle hesitation. "But when I say run you run."

"Okay?"Taufan tilted his head in confusion. It was rare to see Blaze in a serious mood, perhaps the hunter brought back an unwanted memories?

"Good."Blaze's eyes not once left the woods, as if waiting for something to attack which really worried Taufan but he figured that Blaze didn't want to talk about it, so he stayed silent.

--------------------------------------------------------
And now mystery :>

Hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading! ^^