Chapter 33: Certain

Start from the beginning

"Once a year the Moon gives birth to a wolf that it's destined mate is already living or still yet to exist. These wolves are called fated mates. They may not even live close by but something happens which ends up making them cross paths. It can be hard to believe but that's fate. They were born with someone already waiting for them whether it be their neighbor, worst enemy, or even a stranger living across the world. It's as if their future was already planned."

"Wow lucky~" Hoseok whispers to himself yet his mother catches it.

"To some it's amazing while to others, not so much. But that still can't force you to be with your fated mate, there will always be an option to reject."

"Won't that harm both of them though."

"Of course it will, especially them. Fated mates. Since they were destined from the beginning, cutting ties would leave such an empty feeling inside of them. Longing which will never die. They can eventually find someone else and mate them but it won't ever fill the whole inside their chest. It's sad but that's how the Moon created us. It's similar to when we mate but for them it's worse if they break."

The beta stays silent.

"Now back to your question, the Moon decided it was best for fated mates to mate on the Full Moon. Her power gives them somewhat like a boost of confidence. They are more leveled with their wolf therefore whatever they feel or have been feeling for the past weeks, they will finally act on it. If the pair decide to mate that day, they seal it with a bite, finally uniting the pair like it was supposed to be from the beginning. The Moon shines bright just for them that day."

She smiles when she notices a small smile on her son's lips.

"Wait but what if others decide to mate, like in secret?"

She shakes her head.

"They can't. The Moon doesn't let them. We aren't a hundred percent sure what happens but I've heard that some experience unbearable pain and their bite doesn't create any bond. It just ends up being another wound. Others said they aren't able to mate for their rest of their lives but we aren't sure. I just know that no one has mated during the Full Moon once in our pack or the nearby packs. The last we've heard about a fated pair was years ago."

She sits up.

"Oh, wow that's, wow."

She nods.

"How can you tell?"

His mother looks at him as she goes to get up.

"Tell what?"

"If you've seen or met a fated pair...?"

She quirks a brow.

Hoseok couldn't help but think of two people while talking about this. It's as if his mind just thought of them the moment his mother said they could live anywhere yet come together because that was fate. It was weird but now the more he thinks about it, the dots start to connect.

The omega almost had no trouble shifting and when he did it was by the help of Jungkook and it's not common for wolves to shift with others by their side.

He noticed how after Jimin shifted, the alpha and him got even closer more than before. He would see the omega and Jungkook teasing each other in lines and at the lunch table. He would also find out that the alpha was visiting Jimin when he had free time and sometimes return in the morning, reeking of blackberries. Whenever the beta would ask about it, he would end up hearing the alpha gush about the omega with a stupid smile on his face throughout it all.

It honestly surprised him since he's never seen Jungkook talk about someone in such a way so he teased him about it and the reaction he got completely baffled him.