Luckily, to his relief, Bubba of course wasn't there with them.

"Catnap come on! You can't say that, what if Bubba heard you or something?"

The chicken nearly yelled, although a hint of nervousness was in his voice.

"Yeah Catnap. I mean, to be fair things could have ended badly for Kickin if Bubba walked by and overheard us."

Catnap's tail swayed, as chatter could be heard building up from within the hallways, in addition to the sound of others walking through them, each step adding to the noise.

"Don't worry, I made sure he wasn't nearby. Still, I have to admit I do think they'd go well together."

Kickin's face grew red as a tomato from Catnap's comment. Dogday couldn't help but jump into the conversation himself.

"Yeah, I'd have to agree on that! I mean...the two of you DO study together a lot! I wouldn't be surprised if he felt the same, haha! But take your time, Kickin. There's no rush."

Kickin smiled a little, making a small nod as his blush began to fade.

"Yeah...you're right. I'm just a bit nervous about it, you know? Maybe I'm too much for him, or something."

Dogday shook his head, letting out a soft chuckle. His tail swayed slightly, Catnap's smile growing slightly when heard the chuckle escape Dogday's mouth.

"Pfft, I doubt it! You're the coolest chicken around! If anything, I bet he feels lucky to have a friend like you already!"

Dogday chimed in happily, a big, joyful smile on his face. He wanted to add more onto what he said, but decided against it.

"Yeah, could say the same here."

Catnap agreed sleepily, letting a small yawn as he nuzzled his head against Dogday a little, which earned a small giggle out of the dog due to the tickling sensation.

"Exactly! Like the others said, I'm sure there's a good chance that Bubba would accept your feelings! Especially since the two of you have grown a bit close. Just make sure not to rush it, okay? There's no time limit or anything."

Kickin's smile grew as he twiddled his feathered fingers a little. He thought back to some of his and Bubba's study sessions.

He remembered that he kept thinking he saw Bubba glance at him from time to time when he wasn't looking. However, whenever he checked, Bubba would always seem weirdly focused on his book, almost too focused.

He thought that Bubba may have just been staring at his outfit, or thought he looked weird. It didn't seem like him to judge, however.

Maybe it was something else...

"Awww, thanks guys! I have to admit...if Bubba does think of me that way, our feelings would be mutual there, heh heh..."

"I...have to admit, I find his memory and knowledge to be quite admirable..."

Kickin said sheepishly, thinking of some cool facts the elephant has shared with him when the two hung out.