15.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

---

Y/N'S POV:

"Thomas we gotta get out of here!" I yelled over the screeching sound of the grievers and our fallen friends frightening screams. We were able to get Alby and find a place to get away from the grievers for a few moments, but we were surrounded now. The grievers could come out of nowhere any moment, and anywhere. We were vulnerable. 

I didn't want to die like this, I wasn't ready to die, but I don't see any way that any of us can get out of here alive. I felt every part of my body on full alert as the griever screamed to be let into the hut as he smacked into the walls, soon through the walls. 

Just as I was about to open my mouth, the grievers had smashed itself through the wall and tried to snatch Chuck from us. We all stood in a circle with a few weapons in our hands, though when Chuck was quickly grabbed almost everyone screamed and dropped their weapon. 

"Chuck!" Thomas yelled and dove to grab Chuck from being dragged out of the hut, very quickly everyone else tried to help to get Chuck back. I looked around frantically, seeing if there was anything that I could use to break the grasp the creature has on him. 

"Don't let go!" Thomas yelled, as he pulled back on Chuck from the grievers grip with every bit of strength he had. 

"No shit!"

In the corner of my eye, Alby picks up a piece of large wood and throws it at the grievers, screaming out of anger. Hitting the leg or whatever the body part was, over and over and over again. 

When I noticed the grip on Chuck was a little looser I saw a large needle of some sort attached to the griever poke around, just about to hit Chuck. I gasped and I quickly trapped a wooden spear and threw it at the leg of the griever, causing it to scream and back off for a few seconds to get Chuck back. 

Chuck drops to the floor, Thomas quickly picks him up a bit and drags him a little farther away from the opening the grievers came from. Alby screamed after the grievers, almost intimidating it in a sense, challenging it. 

Silence...

All we could hear were grasshoppers in the distance, fire slowly scorching all around the glade, had the grievers left?

My heart skipped a beat of hope and excitement, though something felt off, strange in the air. 

All of a sudden the griever snatches Alby, and tries to take him out, however the wall holds him back a little, he was caught on the broken wood of the wall. 

"Alby!" Thomas screams and jumps for him, along with everyone else, though the grievers grip on Alby was too strong for any of us to make a difference. I feel my chest pull me down as I see Alby muttering something to Thomas before he completely escapes from Thomas's grip. 

"No!"

I gasp, as tears stream down my face, though I notice Thomas run towards the door and I reach my arm out trying to stop him but he shakes me off. Thomas swings the door open and we see the grievers were all gone all of a sudden, everyone else followed him out, leaving me standing alone in the hut. 

My shaky breaths made my throat hurt, I look around the room, my lip quivering, though the needle across the room catches my eye and I swiftly walk over and pick it up gently. This must be how Ben was stung, and Alby. The needle. 

And when we injected Alby with the serum, it healed him, it also made him remember. 

I took a shaky breath in and I made my out of the hut, only to see Thomas holding his cheek, and everyone trying to hold Gally back. Gally must've hit Thomas. My eyes widened, and I quickly ran over to Thomas, making sure he was alright.