Six: "𝙈𝙧.𝙅𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨"

Start from the beginning

I arrange the things needed for his curly hair- some which mama already had before she stopped taking care of herself. Dalaric lets one of his legs lay splayed out on the floor, making my room look really small. The other muscular leg is bent at the knee.

It's quiet as I do his hair, except for my humming to a breaking benjamin song I heard at the café. I feel like he's bored so I give him my penguin stuffie to play with. He glares at me but keeps the penguin—Mr. Jones—in his lap.

His hair feels so good as I run my fingers through it. I begin creating three dutch-style braids that look sick on him. I don't really have friends to practice on so I hope that I don't mess it up. It's not like anything could remotely look bad on a man as perfect as him.

After i'm done, I try to move forward and set down some flyaways but it's difficult since I'm sitting above him. I yelp as Dalaric pulls me down on his lap so that I lay sideways.

Gulp.

I try and continue cleaning up his edges with some styling cream but it's hard when he's staring at my fricking face.

"Stop staring at me, please." I plead, very aware of the crimson tainting my cheeks.

"No." He says nonchalantly.

I huff and continue.

After I'm done, I drag him to the mirror on the wall and look back and forth to see his reaction.

He runs his hands over his head and nods. He turns to me and crouches down to my level.

I get the hint and wrap my arms around his neck and we hug. We stay like that for a bit until I tap out.

"Thank you." Dalaric looks at me with a genuineness that i've never seen before.

"No problemo." I send him a thumbs up.

He just shakes his head and looks around the room once more. He grabs my arm to lead me to the bed and I flinch because he touched the wound.

His eyes turn dark as he glares at my arm. After a few seconds of me getting anxious, he makes his way over to my bed. He better not get any of his boy cooties on there. It's basically my safe haven.

Dalaric beckons me over and I follow because he's pretty. His legs touch the ground as he sits on the edge of the bed. After I stand in front of him and awkwardly shift my weight, he gently takes my right arm. I nod when he looks at me for confirmation. I don't think I can ever refuse his soft touch.

He rolls over my sleeves and his hand twitches when he sees the long cut that isn't healed as of yet. I disinfected it using the schools alcohol pads and almost fainted but got it done anyways.

His fingers graze the bandage and I take in a huge breath.

"It hurts." Dalaric only looks at me and nods.

"Who." I hang my head in response. He knows I can't tell him.

"You know I can't tell you, Dalaric." He seems displeased with my answer and let's go of my arm.

I roll down my sleeves and smooth out the crease between his naturally arched brows.

"Am I a bad friend?" Shay said I am so maybe she's right since I don't share my life with others and disappoint people all the time.

Dalaric subtly shakes his head and smooths down a baby hair of mine, almost making me faint.

Yay.

Do you want my number?" Maybe I can call him when I feel alone. Or just to hear his pretty voice.

After exchanging numbers and mentally squealing at the fact that I now have three contacts on my phone, Dalaric tells me he has to leave.