"are you going to eat the broth afterward?" he questions with a face of concern and i happily nod. to me it was better that way, and nobody could ever make me change my opinion on that.

"weirdo." he mumbles as our plates are finally being set down. i glare at him before i push the bowl to the side and thank the waitress. i ordered the cioppino, also known as seafood stew.

it had a tomato-like broth with a mixture of clams, shrimp, and crab. taehyung, being the neophobic he is, ordered lasagna. regardless, his food still looked delicious. i wasted no time and crack open a clam sucking the insides out and disregarding the emptied shell on a napkin next to me. i then dove into the broth with my spoon and slurped up the flavorful substance.

my eyes rolled as the delicious substance pooled down my throat. "so good!" i mumbled and grabbed a piece of shrimp with my fork. before i place it into my mouth i look up at taehyung and see his fork still hovering over his untouched lasagna; his eyes stare at me with a mix of utter disbelief, shock, and terror. i clear my throat and slowly retreat from my fork.

"i think i'm, already full." i chuckle nervously and pat my stomach as he laughs and waves me off. "don't let me stop you i just haven't seen you eat like that...ever." he finally takes a bite of his lasagna and this allows me to go back to destroying my dish. he sends me occasional glances that hold for so long that he forgets bout the lump of lasagna sitting on his fork.

i push both of the empty bowls aside and hold my arms up in pure excitement. i haven't finished a full meal like that in i don't know how long; this felt like such a huge accomplishment. taehyung clapped and nodded approvingly, "good job, baby." i sighed and rested my back against the seat.

"ah thank you. so i was thinking... dessert?"

hint one was food.

check!

next up was "lock?"

what the heck could that possibly mean?

we venture onto the terrace where an area labeled "locks of love" is on a fence. there are thousands of these locks on the fences and as i walk up i realize that each one has a pair of names or just one. i turn around to look at taehyung and see in his palm he's holding out a single pink lock and a sharpie.

"write your name." i smile at him and grab the sharpie before writing "y/n +," i leave a space at the bottom for his name. i send the sharpie to him and hold the lock in my flat palm so he can write on it next.

once he's done he hands it back to me, "now go lock it on the fence." i look for a space where i can place our lock and finally settle on a spot towards the end. i wrap the latch around the wire of the fence before grabbing his hand and placing it on top of mine which holds the lock in place. "3, 2, 1.." i softly say and press down on the latch,

"click!"

and we let go. it falls with a little bump against the fence, and i stare at it happily and proudly. he wraps his arms around my shoulders from behind and i rest my hands on his wrists.

as we giggle and smile i hear the sound of fireworks shooting into the black sky. my eyes shoot up and my mouth falls open at the bright and colorful explosions filling the sky. "i didn't know they were doing fireworks tonight." i say as his arms fall from around me and he takes a step back.

i'm engulfed in the fireworks and i can't help but gape at them as they launch into the sky one by one. but the next one catches me off guard, because it's a full word,

will?

and the words continue to toss up one after the other,

you,

marry,

me,

y/n?

my jaw drops and my eyes widen. i spin around and see taehyung dropped to the floor on one knee. a tiny, black box sprung open with a diamond-encrusted ring sitting perfectly in the middle. tears well in my eyes as i see one falling down his cheek.

"will you marry me, y/n?" he croaks out and i nod happily. "yes, yes!" i drop to my knees and wrap my arms around him. the people that surround us cheer happily as i sob into his chest. i raise my head up and keep my arms wrapped around his neck as i plant a long and heartfelt kiss on his lips.

i let my arms fall as i pull away and hold out my ring finger to him. he slips the ring on and looks back into my eyes with a wide smile on his face. "i love you, kim taehyung."

"i love you more, kim y/n."

end.

serendipity | kth | completedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें