3.

It was a lazy Saturday morning, and Vidyut was comfortably nestled on his couch, tapping away on his laptop, handling work tasks as he usually did on weekends.

The doorbell interrupted his peace, causing an annoying buzz to permeate the air.

With a sigh, he rose to answer it, unlocking the massive door with a code.

As the door swung open, the sight revealed was his best friend, Archit Malhotra, standing on the doorstep with a grin that spelled trouble.
"Aaiye maharaj, apki hi kami thi"
(Come inside king, you were only left out)
Vidyut muttered under his breath as he let Archit in, their familiarity evident from the lack of formalities.

"Tera ghar mera ghar hai, bhai," Archit declared, making himself at home without a second thought.

While Vidyut focused on his work, Archit headed to the kitchen, popping popcorn without a care in the world. Vidyut shook his head, accustomed to Archit's antics, and sighed as he continued typing away and going through the professional work.

An hour later, the doorbell rang again, but this time, Archit was signalled by  Vidyut to see who's it, as Vidyut was engrossed in a Google meeting with his client.

"I'm really sorry for the minor inconvenience, Mr Naren" Vidyut apologised to his client trying to focus on the meeting.

Archit cursed under his breath, annoyed by the interruption,
"Kon hai bhai?"as he opened the door to reveal Advita, wearing an incredulous expression.

"Arrey, tu phir yahaan?" she exclaimed, her annoyance evident as she entered the house.

"Tu bhi toh yaha hai, jungli billi"
(You're also here wild cat)

"Sale, tereko toh abhi batati hu ruk"
(You punk, I'll tell you now)
Advita wasted no time in grabbing Archit's hair and pulling them, just as how kids do.

"How could you touch my precious hair?" Archit was giving her a tough competition.

The hair pulling continues with screams and beautiful words.

Their banter filled the air as Vidyut struggled to focus on his meeting, the noise becoming increasingly disruptive to his clients.

Finally, unable to bear the disturbance any longer, Vidyut paused his meeting.

"I'm really sorry for the inconvenience Mr Naren, can we please resume this conversation after 15 minutes" Vidyut pleaded his client as he agreed.

The call was disconnected.

The room was filled with utter silence suddenly.

"Both of you sit on the couch right now" his warm was firm yet totally filled with frustration the kids created.

Archit and Advita followed up his instructions like 2 little kids being scolded by their mom.

Giving them both death glares, Vidyut imposed a punishment, instructing them to keep their palms over each other's mouths to silence their bickering and forcing them to sit on the couch.

"Ab chup chap baitho aur koi shor mat karo," he ordered, his patience wearing thin.

Resuming his meeting, Vidyut hoped for some peace and quiet, but Archit and Advita continued their squabble, their muffled voices still audible.

Frustration building, Advita bit down on Archit's palm, eliciting a yelp of pain from him. Vidyut's temper flared as he glared at them, his patience exhausted. "Tum dono ko main abhi..."

Before he could finish his sentence, another round of arguing erupted between Archit and Advita, their voices escalating despite the punishment.

Vidyut's head throbbed with irritation as he struggled to maintain composure in the midst of their chaos.

In a moment of exasperation, Vidyut finally snapped, "Bas bahut ho gaya! Bahar jao dono, abhi ke abhi!" he commanded, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Archit and Advita exchanged sheepish glances before reluctantly obeying, realizing they had pushed their luck too far.

As they exited Vidyut's house, the air filled with a tense silence, broken only by the sound of the door clicking shut behind them.

"Ye kis angle se mature log hai?" Vidyut let out a sigh and diverts his gaze towards his laptop once again.

Alone once again, Vidyut let out a long sigh, grateful for the peace and quiet that finally enveloped his home.

"Sab na teri wajah se hua hai" Advita snorted making a annoyed face.

"Tune shuru Kiya tha" Archit playfully smacked Advita's head.

They both had a upset expression painted on their face.

"Ice cream khayegi?" Archit's eye lit up as he spotted the ice cream parlour near Vidyut's house.

"Chocolate ice cream" Advita passed a huge smile as the shook hands and went to the ice cream parlour.

As if they weren't fighting like two cats, few minutes ago?

Heyyy!
Do you guys like Advita and Archit😂?

Vidyut is so fed up of them🤧
Do drop your reviews!
1 comment= 1 prayer for our bechara Vidyut.

Meet you guys in the next chapter!
Till then take care
Have a good day!!

Don't forget to drink water!!