-'CHAPTER 13 ⤑SOUTH WING'-

Start from the beginning

“Kinda sounds like some e.s.p thing to me” Evangeline shrugs.

“You two really aren't any help” he murmurs.

“You get any reading on that thing” The huntress nods her head to Dean, ignoring the younger boy's comment.

“No, of course it doesn't mean nobody's home” a smile pries on his lips “there could be a ghost like right behind you right now” he teases.

She simply glares at the hunter “Do you always have to say some creepy stuff like that”.

He chuckles lightly.

“Ghost can't appear during certain hours of the day,” Sam explains to her softly.

“The freaks come out at night,” Dean mutters. “Hey Eva, who do you think is a hotter psychic Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Love Hewitt or Sam”.

They both let out a soft laugh as Sam smacks his brother.

୭ 🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀

The room smelt utterly vile, and the looks reflected it well. It appeared as an old abandoned lab with an electric chair and all kinds of different tools. Evangeline didn't want to imagine what they were used for.

“Man, electroshock, lobotomies, they did some twisted stuff to these people,” Dean commented.

Evangeline nodded absent-mindedly, her hand grazing the table.

“Kinda like my man Jack in “Cuckoo's Nest” he chuckles. It's followed by a beat of silence as Sam and Evangeline ignore him. His smile fades “so what do you guys think, ghosts are possessing people”.

“Maybe” Sam says, “maybe it's more like Amityville, or the smurl haunting”.

“Ah spirits driving them insane, kinda like my man Jack in the shining” he smiles at Evangeline.

“Never seen it,” she shrugs.

“You go ghost hunting, but you haven't seen the shining” his brows raise.

“And scare myself into never stepping foot into a hotel again, no thanks” she mutters.

“Just saying it's a classic” he scoffs.

A small silence fills the air as the three scour the place Evangeline roaming through the drawers of even more tools.

“Dean, when are we going to talk about
it?” Sam gruffs sounding unhappy.

Evangeline let out a soft sigh, knowing this would most likely lead to another fight.

“Talk about what” The older man shrugs absent-mindedly.

“About the fact that dad's not here”.

“Oh lets see, never” he flashes a sarcastic smirk.

“I'm being serious man”.

“So am I, Sam. He sent us here. He obviously wants us here. We'll just have to pick up the search later”.

“It doesn't matter what he wants”.

“See that, that attitude right there, that is why I always got the extra cookie” he teases.

“Dad would be in trouble, we should be looking for him, we deserve some answers Dean, this is our family were talking about” his voice raises.

“I understand that, Sam, but he's given an order” his tone was stern.

Evangeline fiddled with her fingers.

“So what, we've got to always follow dad's orders”.

“Of course we do” his tone was sharp.

The argument fades into a tension filled silence. Dean hands grab onto a small wooden plank “Sanford Ellicott” he reads “You know what we have to do we have to find out more about the south wing, see if something happened here” he shoves the plank into Sam's chest walking out the room.

The younger Wincheter lets out a sigh, dropping it to the ground with a thud.

He followed after his brother quickly with Evangeline on his heels.

୭ 🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀

“What do you think is taking him so long?” Dean muttered impatiently, tapping his fingers anxiously.

“I'm sure he'll be out any second” Evangeline muttered reassuringly. Dean didn't look convinced. “It's therapy” she nudged him softly “he's probably talking his feelings out it's not like he's fighting to the death” she pointed out.

He let out a small breath of amusement as his shoulders relaxed a bit. He nodded lightly, seeming a little more comforted by her words.

It only took a few seconds until Sam stepped out of the building. Dean perked up at the sight of his brother.

“Dude you were in there forever” the eldest boy complained. “What the hell were you talking about”.

“Just the hospital y’know” he shrugged casually, but the boy seemed a little off.

Perhaps a little uncomfortable. She lightly wondered what the two talked about in there and if it was only just about the hospital.

“And” Dean started.

Evangeline looked on with curious eyes.

“And the south wing, it's where they hold the real hard cases, the psychotics, the criminally insane” he lists off.

“Sounds cozy,” Evangeline mutters.

“Yup, and one night in ‘64 they rioted it, attacked the staff, attacked each other."

"So what? The patient's took over the asylum” Dean asks.

“Apparently”.

“Any deaths” Evangeline questions.

“Some patients, some staff. I guess it was pretty gory some of the bodies were never even recovered, including our chief of Staff, Ellicott”.

“What do you mean never recovered”? the hunter persisted.

“Cops scoured every inch of the place, but I guess that the patients must have…” His face squints in disgust. “Stuffed the bones somewhere hidden”.

“That's grim” Dean murmurs.

“Yeah, so they transferred all the surviving patients and shut down the hospital for good”.

“Alright so we've got a bunch of violent deaths and unrecoverable bodies”.

“Which could mean a bunch of angry spirits”.

“Good times. Let's check out the hospital tonight”.

“Tonight” Evangeline questions.

“You got plans” Dean raises a brow.

“Nope, just wondering why the hell we always have to do this stuff at night”.

Sam flashes her a weak smile of reassurance.

“Welcome to the life of a hunter,” Dean teases.