chapter 20: fuckkk

i take leah's hand in mine.

"you're not leah. "
"i like you, a lot, i just don't know how to do this "

"how to do what?"

"just everything. i've never been in a relationship. yes i've slept with a lot of girls, but i've never had feelings for them like i do with you" i say, looking away as we carry on walking, not meeting her eyes.

"soph.."
"look at me" i turn my head, dreading the rejection i know is coming.
why would she want to be anything with me?
i'm toxic
i'm toxic
i'm toxic
i don't know how to control myself, or my feelings
i've never been in a relationship, it's pathetic really.
most of all, she definitely thinks i'm a cheater.

but instead of the rejection i was prepared for, she places her hands on either side of my face, pressing a gentle kiss onto my lips.
she smiles gently at me.

"we can just take it slow soph" she reassures. i wrap my arms around her waist, for once being the one that initiates the hug.
"i think we need to go back inside now" leah says, checking her phone. and just as she thought, it's past 9, our curfew. we don't have to be asleep by nine, but we have to be inside.
shit.
we both leg it towards the building, hand in hand, laughing along quietly as we try not to get caught. smiles on our faces as we run around the side of the pitch we were walking around, giggles escaping our mouths.

"and i thought you were a goody-two-shoes" i tease as she scowls at me, hitting my arm.  i tell her as we make our way onto our floor.

"just because i'm captain, doesn't mean i'm a goody-two-shoes thank you. " she retorts back, following me into the room as i use her key to unlock the door.
"speaking of captain, i need to talk to you"
oh god, that doesn't sound good.

"what is it?" i ask as we step foot into our room.

"well, we need another captain, like a co-captain with me. "

"soo?"

"me and sarina had the idea for you to be it"

"me?" i scoff.
"half the team doesn't even like me, and what the fuck do i know about being captain?"

"soph you were captain in all of the youth lionesses teams, and you were bloody good at it"

"still."

"but i have to tell you, i'm going to have to correct you in training, and show you the ropes"

"piss off, i'm not doing that" i scoff. i hate being told what to do. there's no chance me and leah will be getting along doing this.

"you don't have a choice. but soph, whatever happens, like if you flip out and say something you don't mean-"

"-i would never do that" i fake being offended

"anyways, whatever happens, promise to leave it on the pitch yeah?"

"okay, i promise" i say, but i cant properly promise it. i know i won't take it well.
"anywayss" i whisper, pulling leah's body against mine.
i press my lips against hers, kissing her gently. she kisses me back, deepening it more with every kiss. i gently lift her body up, wrapping my arms around her. her legs rest on my hips as she pulls my head in and kisses me more.

i sit down on the sofa, leah on my lap, her legs still wrapped around me. her hand grasps the back of my neck, tilting my head up.
i slip my tongue into her mouth, both of our tongues colliding together.
i place my hands on her waist, gently squeezing every now and again.
slowly her kisses move off of my lips. she trails her way across my jaw, literally sending sparks through me.
god this girl.
gently she trails down my neck.
never, ever, have i let a girl kiss my neck. it's really my weakness, and not wanting to look or feel vulnerable, i don't let them.
she gently peppers kisses down my neck, and i'm practically paralyzed.
i pull leah's body against mine, slipping my hands under her shirt, grasping onto her waist.
she gently sucks on my neck, in response my back arches slightly.