Chapter 19- ARIELLA/AIDEN

Start from the beginning

"You can't lock her up forever like you did the last two weeks. If you think it is helping her, then it isn't"
Lan said, looking at Dad and Uncle, and they glared at him.

Well, it wasn't bad. After all, all I want is to be left alone. I thought of many possibilities of why I acted that way at night. I am certain I didn't have any nightmares. She didn't take anyone away. That shadow is real, it is real and has to be real. I saw that box; it was there. It is what triggered my mind and took me back to that night. I have to keep myself in control. I can't be a pathetic bitch and lose my senses and hurt Dad or anyone. I even agreed to taking sleeping pills, to make them think I will be okay and nothing will happen even if they aren't around. I agreed, but I didn't take them. They make my body heavy; they control my body, and I hate it if anyone controls me.

I imagined the scene where people cough blood out so that I could get over that shit and stop acting up, and I did. Or maybe not?

After Dad and everyone left, I turned off the lights and stayed in the dark. I was scared, a lot, but I can't be a scaredy-cat anymore. I put the cloth in my mouth and stopped those muffled screams, which were my very own haunting screams. I am not scared of the dark and coughing out blood anymore, but those eight days were hell to me. I tortured myself thinking the same thing again and again. I tortured myself being in the dark, but I guess I am okay with it now. Once I am in Brighton Island, I will go to Brother Creighton's match and see the punches, where people will cough out blood.

But I don't think I am getting over it soon, I have to and I will.

That shrink asked me why I see those dreams. I had to tell him the truth because Dad and Uncle know what my dreams are about, although I think they just know what happens in my dreams, what I see, not who I see and why. So I did, but I didn't let anyone know what happened that night, and I certainly won't let anyone know about this either. Not Dad, not Uncle, not anyone. I can take the hatred from them but not the fear. They always feared me. When I never gave a damn about others fearing me, I always had a wish to remove that from Mom, Ava, Grandma, Ellie, Ces, Glyn, and maybe Dad and Uncle as well.

Sophi hasn't left my sight even for a minute, not even when Dad and Uncle were there. It was irritating, but I am okay with that. She didn't even leave when Remi was there. I have to always look at her.

I think I should get used to this.

"Let's not argue on this, Ari will not go anywhere"

They will send me by themselves, and I am certain of it. As I said, I keep things planned beforehand and have hundreds of possibilities kept of their positives and negatives if any one of the things goes wrong. From what I see, Dad and Uncle are testing their patience. Why? Only they both know.

"You are being unfair to her. You sent Ava but not her?"

Nice try, Lan, but Dad won't fall into this trap.

"I know what I do, Landon. Ari won't be going to Brighton Island, and that.Is.It."

He said, pressing the last three words.

"Then where the hell will she complete her education?"

Brother Eli grudged.

"Ever heard of online classes or homeschooling, son?" Uncle said, matching his intensity. Mom and Ellie are looking sad. Is Ava already gone? I wish she was here to take care of them both. They both love her presence.

"If she will be here, then she will be safe," Dad said, eyeing them. He is calm, the kind of calm which is a complete storm in my Dad's case, that is why he got the name Famine.

"Uncle, I understand your concern, but that doesn't mean you guys won't let her go to Brighton Island."

"They are just worried that Ari would do something to herself again."