PROULOGE - CH1

“How cruel. ”
ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ ❀ ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

(Credits to Wuxiaworld because since their an online website, you can read it here. Just kinda added a few more characters)

T

he snow fell for four hours. It didn’t show any signs of stopping.

This place is a barren mountain cabin. Various hunting tools hung from the walls and a long wooden table gnawed away by termites sat in the centre. Around the table sat a group of people. Male, female, young and old, they were all present. There was even a foreigner amongst them.

The room was very cold. Everyone present shivered with a solemn expression on their faces but no one moved to start a fire. The old radio sitting on the table was speaking.

【It is currently 17:30 Beijing time.】

【There are still 30 minutes until the exam starts. Examinees, please quickly head to the examination centre.】

The radio sounds were scratchy and there were also static noises one would typically hear in the background of radio broadcasts from the 1950s. It tirelessly buzzed.

This was already the second broadcast. The first broadcast was three hours ago. It said

【Welcome to examination centre 003712.】

which immediately caused an old lady to faint and even now she had not yet recovered.

Another person didn’t listen to its instructions and attempted to destroy the radio……. After removing the batteries, he ran out of the room like he was possessed. Five minutes later his body fell from the roof together with a pile of snow.

Since then, no one dared to touch it.

【Please enter the centre as soon as possible and avoid loitering outside.】

This sentence was repeated three times. The room was deathly silent.

After a long time, someone sitting at the head of the table muttered irritably: “So who hasn’t entered yet?”

This person had a yellow head of slightly permed hair. His figure was lean, and he was average in height. Both his arms were tattooed with a sleeve of animals. Despite being unable to tell whether it was a dog or camel, it looked quite intimidating.

The person sitting next to him shrank back a little and answered: “Old Yu.”

“Who is Old Yu?”

“The drunkard who vomited the moment he entered through the door. The one who brought along his son and nephew.”

The person who answered pointed towards the wall using his lips and then carefully made a “quiet” gesture.

Lying on the beaten sofa by the wall was the nephew.

It was a 27 or 28-year-old young man. He had a tall figure and his appearance was very extraordinary. When he held the doorframe and lowered his head to enter the cabin, the picturesque mountain pines covered in snow behind him paled in comparison. However, ever since he entered, he constantly maintained a dull expression. He seemed to be a little aloof.

According to Old Yu who rambled incessantly, his nephews name is You Huo.

“He had only returned for two months and came to Harbin to find me during the National Day holidays. I was originally supposed to take him to the airport tomorrow morning. Sigh…….It’s all my fault! Useless!”