Twenty-Three || How It All Began

Start from the beginning

The third time he met you was the moment he discovered he was in the same class as you.

"Ishigami-san, please answer this question." An equation that Senku had studied a year prior was shown by the male teacher in front.

Senku found it difficult to answer because he had studied about it for so long and had caught up on his more difficult current coursework.

'How can I answer that?!' He roared inside his head.

Unexpectedly, someone held up a hand.

It was yours.

That day's lifesaver for him.

"250 cm, and to save your breath, sensei, the next answer to the following question is 10." You answered yet your eyes were fixed on an Einstein book you were trying to hide behind your desk.

'Wha-?' Senku scowled at the board in annoyance.

What type of kindergarten question involves the number 250 as the answer!?

"Good job, Tsuyoshi-san." The teacher spoke in a monotone tone, "As expected of you."

Your only response was a gentle smile, before turning your head to stare into Senku's ruby eyes.

Unfortunately, he did not even look at you.

His eyebrows were wrinkled while he simply stared at the board in front, upset that he was unable to give an answer.

'He didn't look at me... again.' You thought in your head before returning your focus to your reading.

What you didn't realize was that Senku was now staring at you with amazement.

'Huh, she never looks at me.' He thought deeply as he returned his attention to his notes.

Regretfully, for some reason, he felt as though his heart was being crushed. He failed to grab your attention and answer the question in front of the class.

What a joke!

At that point, he was certain he wanted you to look at him with those intriguing (e/c) eyes. He wanted to spend more time with you, curious about who in the world was the person that could beat him in academics?

Tsuyoshi (Name); An all role, a balancer, Jack of all trades, the Joker card, and the only person Senku was interested in knowing.

Then... at last, he finally had the perfect opportunity to get to know you properly.

It happened that night, in that little park.

The night sky was dark, with only the moon and stars illuminating the path, but Senku didn't care about how dark it was. He kept on mumbling under his breath, clearly agitated.

He had just finished the homework that had been assigned to him by his teacher as a form of punishment for nearly stealing a microscope.

He only needed it for research purposes!

When he looked up from the ground, he saw you the Tsuyoshi (Name) that had been on his mind ever since he met you.

His scowled expression softened in a second.

His cheeks went completely red and he felt his heart tighten once again.

'Kukuku! It's finally my chance to know this damn snobby genius.' A tiny, cocky smile graced his lips as he thought to himself. Thus, he approached you and sat next to your swing.