Forgiveness And Stuff

Start from the beginning

When I got back, everyone was moving to the dining room so I followed as-well.

"Emily, you've outdone yourself again." One of the ladies said to my grandmother as I stared at my grandpa wondering what the matter was. He was quiet, kept to himself.

"Yes, I can't imagine the hours you spent slaving over a hot stove." A man said to my grandmother, taking in the compliments even though she did nothing.

"I would like to know where Henry is at this hour." My grandfather chimed in changing the conversation topic. "Probably gallivanting around London like a bull out to stud."

"Grandpa? You okay?" I asked as he nodded and changed his view to my grandmother.

"Richard, please." She said.

"Well, how is he supposed to negotiate a contract tomorrow if he is out at all hours with some cheap tramp?" My grandfather asked.

"Grandpa!" Rory said.

"Knowing Henry, she wasn't cheap." The man said.

"This is widely inappropriate dinner conversation in front of two innocent young ladies. Well, one for that matter." My grandmother stated.

"Whats that supposed to mean grandma?" I asked.

"Oh please, let's not forget your birthday party debacle." Grandma said.

"I thought that was all cleared." I replied. "Obviously not."

"Is it unbearably hot in here?" My grandfather asked.

"Don't loosen your tie at the table." Emily pleaded.

"What are your plans for the Christmas holidays girls?" The lady asked me.

"Just hanging out with my mother." Rory replied.

"And you, Hilary?" She asked.

"Well, if my grandmother was answering that question i'd be doing exactly what your friend Henry is doing." I said sipping the wine and giving her a smile.

"It is hot in here. Im going to lower the thermostat." Richard said leaving the table.

"What is wrong with Lorelai?" A lady asked.

"She has a touch of the flu." My grandmother replied. "Richard, forget the thermostat."

"I thought you said she was working." Another lady asked.

"She was supposed to work, but then she caught the flu." My grandmother answered again.

"Oh my god, this is unbelievable." I whispered to Rory.

"Richard? For heavens sake." Emily said. "Richard?"

She got up from the table to see where grandpa was.

Then, it all happened in a flash.

__

The next thing I knew I was sitting in a hospital's waiting room with Rory, waiting for my mother to come and see my grandfather who had a heart attack.