04~ December 31st

VERONICA VALENTINE

VERONICA VALENTINE

"The wedding will take place after a week, exactly on Sunday December 31st." Father announces, making me choke on my tea.

"That is the most reasonable date we could come up with the small time frame. However, I did contact different media outlets about the happy news. And Bonnie Burdett, a renowned journalist and publicist from the New York Times, has requested for an exclusive interview and photoshoot with the bride and groom."

We were sitting in the living room after dinner with Margot pouring everybody a cup of tea-probably to show off her vintage teacup collection she had acquired over the years.

Talking about the details of the winter wedding as my father and Lucian argued back and forth about the date.

"A week is too fucking soon," Lucian, who was sitting beside me, said.

"And why is that?" My father grunted, raising an eyebrow.

"Well for one, this whole shitshow is happening way too fast. And no one will believe I'm marrying someone this fast unless something was wrong, much less a woman who comes from new fucking money."

Distaste curled through me.

This asshole was bluntly disrespecting me in my own house. And the father I adored growing up was now selling me off like a damn cow.

The worst part is my fiancé looked like he rather be anywhere but here. Little does he know that the feeling was fucking mutual.

"It doesn't matter to me if people assume that you and my Veronica are getting married for the wrong reasons. As long as you're getting married and she takes your last name." Father said.

Fury ignited in my chest.

Of course, daddy dearest would want the world to know his daughter was getting hitched to a Russo as soon as possible.

"One week. Both of you will attend the interview with Bonnie on Monday, and we will officially announce the wedding on Tuesday." My father declared.

"And I'm sure your family would like the wedding to happen sooner rather than later as well," He continued, placing a soft emphasis on the word family.

I frown and look between the two men who were now in a staring competition until my father shifted uncomfortably.

Family. What kind of deal did my father offer for a man as powerful as Lucian-who could ruin our family with a snap of his fingers-to be willing agreeing to his bullshit?

Whatever the reason is, Lucian agreed to the interview tomorrow which in turn made a shit-eating grin to spread on my father's face.

"Excellent. I will inform Bonnie to set up the interview. Now let's talk about the details since the Russo family agreed to cover the full expense of the wedding."

For the rest of the night conversations devolved into a mind-numbing rundown of guest invites, flowers, my wedding gown, the venue and a million other things I didn't give a shit about.

Author's Note

Sorry for the short chapter guysss😔

But I will be away for the next two weeks so I thought writing a short one and updating now was better than leaving y'all waiting.

Promise the next one will much longer and juicerrrr💗🤭

Love,
STASI. 🍉💋🍓.