01~ Ovaries Overload

VERONICA VALENTINE

VERONICA VALENTINE

"Did you see she bumped Gregory Waldorf down a spot on the Forbes Billionaires list? Poor soul almost had a panic attack when he found out..."

"OMGE! I cant believe she cheated on him...and with his brother. Talk about a family scandal..."

"The little resort they built in the Bahamas is getting shut down because multiple bags of pure heroine have been found inside the basement..."

The whispers grow more and more louche halfway through Winnie Winifried's annual pre-Christmas party, accompanied with secret glares and hidden laughs.

It was being hosted at one of the biggest venues found in Manhattan so with my father owning the ballroom, I naturally had to attend the party with my half-sister Vittoria.

I didnt turn to join the women who had invited me over nor did I entertain the compliments and the hunger eyes men threw my way. I really couldn't be bothered by both. I was too focused on not smashing Vittoria's head into a nearby wall.

"Can you fucking leave me alone for like a second bitch? Your oddly disturbing red hair is pulling all the attention from me, the person who deserves it." She whined in my ear, before flashing a seductive smile to the gentleman passing by.

"Don't act like I want to be by your side all night, Vittoria. You and I both know that Father forced me to be here." I hissed back, glaring at the man who was staring at my boobs for more than five minutes.

"Oh, please..." Whatever she was going to say next was cut off by the insistent buzz of a cellphone. Vittoria checked her bag before pointing towards mine. Fishing out my phone, I see Father's name flash across the screen.

I probably shouldn't accept a phone call in the middle of an important gathering, but you simply do not ignore Valor Valentine when he calls.

Slipping into the nearest restroom, I swipe across the green button. "Veronica," his voice fills the small space, unusually cheerful. I frown at the suspicious tone before replying with a robotic greeting.

"Since you're at the event, I'll keep this short," he said. "Me and Margot would like you to join us for dinner on Sunday night. We have very important news to share."

I scowled.

"This Sunday?" It was Friday and even though it's normal for my father to randomly invite me, I had a gut feeling that whatever news they were going to share won't be to my liking.

"Yes." My father didn't elaborate more on the sudden invitation or his happy mood. "Dinner is at seven sharp. Don't be late." He ordered before hanging up. Not even a fucking good-bye.

We have very important news to share.

My mind started racing with a thousand questions and possibilities. I didn't have an answer, but I knew one thing. The news was something that pleased my father.

Is somebody in the family going to get married? Did our business increase in profit? Was he going to get remarried for the third time to his current mistress who was half his age?

Ugh! Whatever. I just need to wait until Sunday to find out.

Trying to take my mind off the thought, I mindlessly start scrolling through my emails whilst walking out of the restroom. I head down the silent hallway, caught up in examining the work email my assistant sent me when I collide with a breathing wall.

"Fuck, watch where your fucking going." The apparently talking wall snaps, large hands wrapping around my waist as if to make sure the wall—he—doesn't take me down in the collision.

"Watch where your fucking going." I snap back, steadying myself by pressing my hands to his hard, chiseled chest.

He scoffs, removing his arm.

I also remove my hands, glare at the arrogant prick's chest one more time and straighten up.

"Don't act like I purposefully bumped into your arrogant..." My snarky remark died a quick death when I looked up and my eyes landed on a pair of dark forest green eyes.

Fuck me.

He was painfully beautiful.

Raven black hair. Sun-kissed skin. A straight nose.

The arrogant prick was devastation poured into a Tom Ford suit, and even the damn suit couldn't hide the deliciously muscular arms.

Alert!

Alert!

Alert!

Ovaries overload!!!!

I know consy.....I know.

"You're drooling." He stated with a slight smirk, ruining the personal moment between me and his face.

I quickly shook myself out of my stupor and summoned a rude comeback.

"Of course. I was staring at your hideous face. I mean who wouldn't wonder what created this mess." I smiled sweetly pointing at his absolutely not hideous face.

He rolls his eyes, curses me under his breath and leaves me standing in the middle of the hallway.

Rolling my eyes too, I flipped my red locks back and I squared my shoulders, walking back to the party as if my eyes hadn't witnessed the most handsome man I have ever seen—sans the I-have-a-stick-up-my-ass personality.

Author's Note

Heeeelllllloooooooo

Welcome to the first chapter everyone🤭

Oh.....and consy is the little voice in Veronica's head.

Next one will be up soonnnnn🤞

Love,
STASI. 🍉💋🍓.