Part Eighteen

Warning: swearing, smut

********************

"Fuck... at the rate we are going, you are going to be fully round by time we take our oath..." Harwin grunts out, his body fully encasing yours as he takes you from behind.

"As if I give a damn..." you groan out, your head almost curling into your chest after an extremely hard thrust.

"Fuck, Har..."

"Always taking me so well, Love" Harwin bits into your shoulder with a deep groan.

"Tight cunt squeezing the life out of me... Cannot wait for all to know that you are mine."

"Neither can I..." you whimper, hips rocking backward to meet his thrusts.

*****

While Harwin and you dreamt of the future ahead, your father and sister where away at Driftwood to secure an alliance with Lords Corlys.

"Your Grace" Lord Corlys rises from his seat to greet the King, stepping closer to kneel before him then.

Before the King could utter a word, a harsh cough escapes his lips, resulting in Corlys silently eyeing him from below. Turning slightly, the King sends Lord Stong silent stare, "rise, Lord Corlys" he instructs turning back.

Corlys rises, spreading his arms wide, "be welcomed... may I offer you a chair..." he pauses when the sound of a door opening is heard, and all turns to the direction of it.

"Cousin...!" Princess Rhaenys enters.

"Princess..." the King smiles in greeting. The smile drops from both their faces when Rhaenys takes hold of his hand.

"Are you well?" Rhaenys stares at him in concern at noticing a lack of fingers.

"Very..." the King awkwardly responds.

"I congratulate you, Lord Lyonel..." Corlys chances the topic then. "I can think of no man more suited to be the Hand of the King."

"That is very kind of you to say, Lord Corlys" Lyonel responds with a faint smile, "His Grace has honored me with the post."

"Pity about, Sir Otto..." Corlys remarks then. The King ignores it, scanning his surroundings and changing the topic.

"Despite spending most of my days amidst the grandeurs of the Red Keep, the halls of Hide Tide never fail to impress."

"You flatter me, Your Grace" Corlys comments, "though I do wish we could meet under happier pretenses."

The King's head faintly bods about in confusion, "how so?"

"Daemon's wife, the Lady Rhea Royce... has passed" Corlys replies, and the King is silently taken aback.

"A hunting mishap" Rhaenys utters out in comment, the King turns his attention toward her then. "She was thrown from her horse. Her neck and skull, both crushed in the fall."

"A most surprising end" Corlys remarks as the King shoots Lyonel a knowing look, "Lady Rhea's skill as both hunter and rider were well known."

"The Gods are cruel..." Rhaenys remarks.

"Indeed..." the King responds, "Lady Rhea was a fine woman and a... good wife to my brother."

"Sad thing that she and Daemon had no heirs to succeed her" Rhaenys comments, "she stood to inherit Runestone."

"Mayhaps we can turn toward happier pursuits" the King instantly changes the topic.

"What did you have in mind, Your Grace?" Corlys enquires.

A cough slips out yet again as the King takes a deep breath of air, "I wish to propose a marriage between your son, Ser Laenor and my daughter and heir, the Princess Rhaenyra. It is long past time our houses united in blood... the last pillars of Old Valyria."

"You honor both me and my house, Your Grace..." Corlys responds, silently shooting his wife a look then, "there certain details I wished clarified... before the Princess Rhaenys and I could accept this most... generous proposal."

A bit annoyed and with pursed lips, the King nods, "what details?"

"We would like to know how the succession... will be handled?" Corlys responds.

The King remains silent for a second, uttering out then, "Rhaenyra is my heir... Upon my death... my throne and my titles will pass to her. She and Ser Laenor's first born child, regardless of gender; will inherit the Iron Throne from her..."

Lord Corlys is silent for second to take all the information in, speaking up then, "can I presume that... in keeping with Westerosi tradition; their children would take their father's name? That they would be born... Velaryon's?"

The King stares at him bemused, "surely, Lord Corlys... you are not proposing the Targaryen dynasty ends with my daughter, simply because she is a woman?"

"I only seek clarity, Your Grace" Corlys politely responds. The King breaks out in a long fit of coughs, resulting in all to rush to his aid. He brushes them off, taking a sold breath then.

"Upon their birth, Ser Laenor and Rhaenyra's children shall take their father's name, Velaryon... in keeping with our traditions. However, when such time when their first born ascends the Iron Throne... he or she will do so bearing the name, Targaryen. Dragons will rule the Seven Kingdoms for the next hundred years, just as they did the last..."

Corlys and Rhaenys remain silently as they take a moment to contemplate, "this is an equitable compromise" Corlys responds in agreement.

"Good" the King remarks, nodding at them both in agreement and making his leave with Lord Lyonel accompanying.

*****

After your rendezvous with Harwin, you decided to have a walk around the Godswood and that was you noticed Alicent speaking with Larys Strong. They both seemed deeply invested in the conversation; Alicent looked as if she had struck in the gut, whilst Larys had a faint smugness to his features.

Waiting for Alicent to leave, you finally make your presence known to Larys.

"Your Highness..." Larys gasps out in surprise, "beg my pardon for I did not see you."

"Lord Larys..." you acknowledge him through narrowed gaze, "I see that you and the queen seem rather conversable. What may I ask were you two discussing?"

"We were merely conversing over the garden, Your Highness" Larys remarks with a tight smile.

"How lovely" you remark, forcing your face into a spurious smile, "mayhaps, you and I shall converse over the garden as well?"

Larys' eyes blink rapidly in response to your words, finally bowing his head in agreement, "it would be an honor, Your Highness."

"I am sure it shall be" you respond through squinted eyes and with the smile still plastered on your face. "As you were, Lord Larys..." you dismiss him from your presence.

You silently scrutinize Larys' departing figure, "I shall have to keep a close watch on that one."

While you pondered on the character of your future brother by law, your sister was having difficulty with keeping her lover appeased; something would result in disastrous events to come.