I signed internally.

Why do you have to hid them?

Why do you have to pretend to not care when you obviously do?

Why this mask of power Aarya? Why so afraid to show your true self?

I'm right here.

I won't judge you.

All these thoughts were swirling in my mind, zoning me out. All the sound faded and only the voice inside my head was heard. I didn't realise how longer I've been lost when the ringing of a phone brought me out of my trance. It was her.

She picked up the phone, without looking at the caller ID and immediately her face morphed into irritation.

"Malhotra..."

My body stiffened hearing that name. Malhotra, as in Ajay Malhotra. The guy at the award show. The guy that was sitting beside her. The guys she was continuously talking to. The guy who held her when she fell on the Red carpet.

I clenched my fists when that scene replayed in my mind. How I was just going to hold her but that guy jumped out of nowhere and held her. And the more infurating part, he didn't let her go. He held her for seconds. Didn't even bulge when the crowd escalated. And the way he was looking at her,

Ahhhh....

My fists tightened, and jaw clenched. I don't know what is happening to me, but it sure is something different. From the moments he took stand for me in front of my father, it feels my feelings towards her have changed. Though I'm still afraid of her- oh come on, she's a tigress- this has become something more than a boss- employee relationship for me.and no matter how much I deny, but from last night, the only person who is residing in my thoughts is her.

She excuses herself and went out to attend the call.

Was the call that important?

She left her meeting to attend his call? Is he that important to her?

The ache in my chest intensified while thinking so.

Why is this affecting me so much?

Why am I getting so involved in someone's personal life?

And that too, of my boss?

Bhole baba, please help me!!!
(Lord Shiva)

Mr. Kadam's voice caught my attention. He was explaining about making a legal notice about the rumours that are spreading from the news channels and the social media platforms. He explained us about the terms and conditions to be mentioned in the notice and then it will be posted by the company's social handles.

But one thing I don't understand. What are they talking about? What rumors? And he's mentioning "both individuals"? Who?

That's an obvious question to ask because from last night I haven't touched my phone. It turned off because of the low battery, and it has been on charging till Kaurav told me about the call. I didn't get time to look into it as I was in a hurry to reach here.

But come to think of it now, something really big must have happened, because it's a Sunday, a non working day. And a meeting is held, that too where the CEO herself is present, fuming in anger.

It's definitely something!
And that too, something really scary.

After some time, she came back into the room, her brows furrowed in tension. Seeing her like that made me tensed as well.