Is Jameson Captain America?

Bold, Italic and Underline: Author's  Note
Bold and Italic: Actions and Dialogue in video
Regular: Reactions
Bold Letters: The Watcher

Author's note: I am going to address Steve as Steve in this one instead of Jameson.

—————

I have a feeling this one with answer the one question that is on everyone's mind.

Everyone just paid attention to the screen waiting for what the Watcher is going to show them next and answer they are going to get.

—————

A close up on Steve's eyes as he flickers them open. He sees an old glass light fixture on a white ceiling. He sits up and finds he's on a bed in a quiet 1940s room. The sun shines through white curtains. The Dodgers game plays on an old vacuum tube radio on a wooden dresser. Steve slides his bare feet to the worn, wooden floor.

"Uh this actually happened here. When they found me in the ice. Why is this also happening in that universe too if I am Tony's son?" Steve asked.
"Maybe it's a different scenario?" Clint asked.
"Could be but the room is actually the same." Steve said.
"Maybe we should keep watching and see what you remember is the same or not." Sharon suggested.

Steve nodded but he has a bad feeling about this video.

"Good morning." A woman greeted him as she came in and closed the door behind her.
"Or I should say, afternoon." She smiled.
"Where am I?" Steve asked.
"You are in a recover room in New York City." She told him.

The game in the background continued as Steve listened.

"This isn't right. We went to that game, Steve." Bucky pointed out.

Steve just nodded. This is how he remember happening. What is going on? How is he also Captain America if he was from the future?

"Where am I really?" Steve asked her.
"I'm afraid I don't understand." The woman said.
"The game...it's from May 1941, I know because I was there." He told her. "Now I'm gonna asked you again..." Steve walked up to the woman. "Where am I?" He asked.

The woman pressed a button on a pager unknown by Steve.

"Captain Rogers..." The girl voice trembled.
"Where am I?" He asked raising his voice.

Two male agents came into the room. They were both push through the fake room.

"That was fake?" Pietro asked as some of them all gasped in shock.

Steve ran out of the room and looked around before running.

"Captain Rogers...wait." The fake nurse called after.

Steve is seen running out of the two corridor.

"All agent code 13." The fake nurse said into a walkie talkie.

Steve races into a busy, modern lobby. SHIELD operatives stare.

"I repeat, all agents. Code 13." It said over the intercoms.

Agents ran after Steve. He bowls them over and runs for the door...
Steve burst outside. He takes a few steps...then stops.

Modern cars honks and roar in the street. Towering plasma billboard play moving ads featuring lots of fleshes. Modern people rush past, iPods and cell phones to their ears.
Steve staggers, confused. Multiply cars surround Steve.

"At ease, soldier." Someone off screen said.

Steve whips around to see Director Fury approach him as agents surround them.

"Sorry about that little show back there. We thought it best to break it to you slowly." Nick Fury told him.
"Break what?" Steve asked.

Steve was having a major Deja vu.

"You've been asleep, Captain. For almost seventy years." Nick Fury told him.

"So he is Captain America?" The theatre erupt.
"How is that possible?" Scott asked.
"I have so many questions right now." Peter said.
"Don't we all, kid, don't we all." Sam scoffed.

Steve looks around, stunned.

"You gonna be okay?" Nick fury asked.
"Yeah. Yeah. I just...going to be just fine." He said, smiling as he looked around.

The screen faded to black.

—————

Okay, the last line was different to Steve but everything else was exactly how he remember it happening.

Okay, to answer the question that is on everyone's mind: Is Steve Captain America? The answer to that is...yes he is.

The whole theatre erupted with questions on how Steve can be Captain America if he is technically from the 21st century? Their questions were answered as soon as it quiet down.

It, well, it involves time travel. And before you ask, yes, time travel is real. It has something to do with the Tesseract.

"It is possible. The tesseract is like a doorway to, basically, whatever." Loki confirmed.

Steve scoffed. Of course, the tesseract has something to do with it. He hate that thing.

"A doorway to space, I can believe that but a doorway to the past, that's a little hard to believe." Tony said.
"Wait a second, if Steve is 16 when the alien invasion happened in 2012, how old was Steve when he time traveled to the past and became Captain America?" Coulson asked.
"Well, Steve was in ice for 70 years but the uh the invasion happened in 2012 and incident in Afghanistan happened in 2008. 2012-2008...." Sam paused.
"Oh my god." Some gasped.
"12. He was fucking 12."

Everyone's eyes widen at that conclusion.

"How old were you when you joined the army?" Tony asked feeling sick to his stomach and guilty that Peter was also a minor when Tony himself brought the kid on to fight for the Accords.
"25." Steve answered still processing the fact that his other him was so young when he basically scarified his life to save his country.
"Oh thank god." Clint breathed out.
"He's technically younger than all of us except for the kids in here." Bucky told them.

Everyone let that sink in.

If I may, Jameson was 14 when he time traveled to the past and became Captain America. He was only in the past for two years making him 16 when he crashed into the Atlantic Ocean and froze for 70 years, even though only four years have gone by in the future.

"That's still worse." Rhodey said.
"And a little confusing." Pietro said.

I know but I still wanted to clarify that.

"Well, thank you for that clarification." Steve said.
"Okay, please tell me Tony didn't let Steve continue to be Captain America when the whole invasion happened in 2012." Natasha said.

Luckily, he did not. It's not like Steve wanted to continue doing it anyway.

"That's good, right?" Wanda asked.
"Yeah, I guess but who is the leader of the Avengers then?" Clint asked.

Uh, I'll let you guys come to your own conclusion on who you think leads the Avenger since this isn't about the Avenger but Steve so let's move on , shall we?

"Damn, someone is definitely obsessed." Tony murmured to Rhodey.
"Who wasn't obsesses with Captain America at one point in their life." Rhodey whispered back.

Tony couldn't denied that. At one point in his life, he was also a little obsessed with Captain America. He wonders how the other him felt about Captain America being his son. Wow, Captain America is his son. He must have been proud, right?

—————

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

What should they react to next?

Words: 1209