chapter eleven

Y/N

Groaning, you slowly stir awake. Eyes burning from the scorching light atop of you. Your immediately hit with the three heart beats sounding all around your body. A jarring thump in your head, a daunting sensation in your back, and a mild pounding in your chest.

You try raising an arm but feel a heavy, jolt of weight restricting you from doing so.

Books.

Piles and piles of books were covering your entire body, from head toe. Except your eyes, of course.

You blink, once. And the memories come rushing back to you.

"FUCK!" You cry exasperatedly, hopelessness oozing out of your voice.

Porco was somehow going to find you and kill you. And it'd all be because of Jean . . . because of you.

You needed to get out of here—not just the damned Library, but paradis as a whole. You couldn't risk putting your family, or hitch, or Zayne in danger by staying. You'd chip your pride and disappear if it kept their safety.

Maybe you were a fool for doing so, maybe you were a fool for quitting.

But even if you stayed, what would you be staying for? What was your purpose? You couldn't gauge your fears, nor could you relate to any of your peers.

You simply weren't brave
So you needed to leave.

In a challenging motion, you suddenly form the desire to stand. Ushering your body upwards, you feel the weight of the books swiftly crash onto the ground below you. Attacking your feet in the process.

You shuffle the books out of your path with said feet, and make haste to The Library exit despite your many injuries. Even if you were hurting your self even more, the only thought that rang through your mind was getting out of the building.

It takes five years to walk to the exit, fifteen more for the heat—sensory doors to slide open, and you were a million years old by the time a gust of chilled-wind slaps your bruise-kissed face.

You seethe, sucking in your teeth as the sun sets and shares greetings with the moon. However long you lied in that cursed Library, you did not want to know.

As of now, a new ambition sprang through your veins.

The dorms.

You would be up and gone by the dusk of twilight. All you needed to do was gather your belongings and leave without any ounce of hesitation.

It was a simple, easy task. But the distance from The Library to the dorms was an effort your body was not willing to make. You could slowly, but very surely feel yourself giving out.

You heave a breathe, even though doing so burned your chest. You were such a fool.

Maybe you would rest for a moment.

Maybe you'd sit down on the pavement and enjoy as the sky fades into a careful blue, as droplets of rain fall solemnly from above. Reminding you of how desperately alone you were.