౨ৎ opportunities ౨ৎ

Start from the beginning

I love small towns because it makes me feel like i'm in a gilmore girls episode. I put on a off the shoulder top and a simple pair of jeans.

We start walking around,with our hands intertwined the whole way as we enjoy the summer air.We also pass by many small shops like bookstores, grocery marts and cafes. There was one cafe that really stuck out to me,it was this quaint cafe down the corner. On the window there was a poster that said they needed fund-raising entertainment to keep the cafe going. The owner of the cafe was this girl around our age who looked to be pregnant.

Brady and I decided to eat at that cafe as it seemed pretty cozy. We ordered some deserts and coffee.

"So what colleges have you considered. Senior year is coming to an end soon," Brady asks. We never talked about that before. Come to think of it i don't know what school Brady had considered and I don't remember ever telling him about mine.

"There are a few schools in mind. There's Yale and Harvard or if i'm thinking of going full hollywood maybe Julliard and NYFA or if i wanna stay close to my family there's Pennsylvania State." I list out, i've been connsidering schools ever since freshman year. I really wanna pick a school i won't regret but there was just too many things to consider.

Brady looks impressed at my options."You really have all this thought out huh?" I nod before asking him about his choices.

"I'm not sure yet. I might want to go somewhere that i can pursue acting further or anywhere my volleyball can take me," He responds. Brady underestimates himself, I think he can get into anywhere he wants not just because of volleyball.But if he was to pursue acting maybe i would go to Julliard or NYFA and we could go together.

"Maybe we could go into acting colleges together? Wouldn't it be great to be dorm mates and be in the same school? And plus we wouldn't have to worry about that long distance stuff," I explain.

"Yeah,that's a great idea. But are you sure I mean you're other options were ivy league schools, i don't want you to change your mind because of me," I reassure him that it was okay and that i wanted to be with him.

"Here is you're cheesecake," The owner slash waitress says politely , placing the slice of cheesecake in front of me.

I thank her. I look toward Brady before asking about the poster out front. We were discussing it before she came over and thought i could sing a few songs and get some of my fans to come and raise money for her. The food was really good and the owner was really sweet.

"I saw your poster out front. Do you think I could perform some songs here?I would love to help." She smiles gratefully.

"Yes please! We really appreciate it," She says putting her hand over her baby bump. She grabs her notepad from the pocket of her apron writing something down."Here is my number, please contact me for details. I'm Hayley by the way."

I take the paper looking over it." I'm Artemis," I introduce myself before pointing to Brady,"And this is Brady." He waves at her. Hayley nods telling us it was nice to meet us before returning to taking orders.

Hayley and I decided that we could organise a "concert" at her cafe tonight. She was in charge of posters and i also helped get the word around through my socials. Brady asked some of his friends from school to come too.

I finish setting up the place with Hayley and was pretty satisfied with the outcome.

"It looks great!Thank you so much for the help!" She thanks me. I tell her it's no problem before i go and rehearse the songs i would be playing. Brady and Connor volunteered to be "bouncers" and stand at the entrance to collect the money from people.

I fidget with my fingers as i recall the lyrics of the songs in my head. Hayley notices my jitters. She comes up to me placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. She advises me not to worry and imagine i was performing for my loved ones. I've never performed in front of a crowd before. Yes I'm a singer but i only published songs i've never been on tour although my fans had been asking for one.

"Hello everyone! Thank you so much for being here and for your contribution. I would like to introduce you the highlight of the night, the lovely Artemis Scobell!" Hayley introduces me to the crowd. It wasn't a big crowd maybe 50-60 people that filled the cafe.

I walked up to the microphone with my guitar hanging in front of me. "Hi everyone! Thank you sos much for coming and supporting Hayley. I'm going to play a few songs for you tonight. I hope you enjoy them. The first one is something i have did not realeased and I feel is something i want you to hear so i hope you like it."

I strum out the chords building up the rhythm before i start singing.

"He's good for my heart but he's bad for business," I keep my eye trained on Brady for the rest of the song as it helped me ease my nerves. I felt like it was just me and him and I was fine.

Brady's pov

"He's good for my heart but he's bad for business." Artemis sounds like an angel. Her voice is just so beautiful.

I admire her from my spot across the room. A guy next to me nudges me,"She is stunning isn't she?" I clench my jaw at this.

"Watch who you're talking about. That's my girlfriend," He looks back at me.

"Woah man. All i'm trying to say is she's got talent. I've heard her songs and seen her movies and i think she could really be better with some touring," He says. I mentally scoff thinking, What does he know.

I nod,shrugging him off to focus back on Artemis. She plays a few more songs like so american and crazier, the songs she wrote about me.

After the performance and people started clearing up, I saw Artemis celebrating with Hayley who looked pretty happy with the funds she raised. God, Artemis is amazing she's so sweet and thoughtful.

I was about to walk up and congratulate her before someone beat me to it. The guy from earlier.

"Hi,I'm chris keller. I am a teen performer myself. I must say you have great talent, how would you like to tour with me?I notice you are in need of tour opportunities so here i am," He says to her smirking. She looked uncomfortable so I walked up to her putting a protective arm around her shoulders as she leans into my touch.

I send a harsh look towards Chris. He passes her his business card, winking then walking away.

Artemis looks over the card.

"You're not seriously considering this are you?" I ask in disbelief.

"Why not? I mean it is true i have been looking for some touring opportunities and this is one," I love her,seriously but is she blind?

"Are you kidding me? He's obviously into you Missy. I don't think you should take this offer," Her arches a brow at me.

"Right, so i should just listen to whatever you say," She retorts,sarcastically.

I pinch my nose bridge in frustration. Why was she being so difficult.

"You know what. If you want to go with Chris Keller go." I challenge.

"Fine," She storms out.

I run my hands over face. Stupid Chris Keller.

a/n

alrrr the angst has started

hope you enjoy and pls voteee