01 [ daffodil ]

**✿❀ ❀✿**

The sun beamed brightly and the wind breezed with little sound, it was the perfect day. Lavina sat on a white painted wooden chair near a table which had tea sitting on top of it. She let all of her worries and pain wash away to the sound of the wind and let the sun graze her skin lightly.

After a horrible day yesterday because of ballet, her feet are hurt badly and her back feels sore. Earlier She decided to ask her mother if she could stay home today which she said yes, so she decided to spend her entire day outside with the rest of the animals she owned.

She opened her brown eyes and starred into the light blue sky. A skinny cat with snow fur and blue multi colored eyes brushed against Lavina's hand softly. "Bella, why are you here? " she questioned. Her delicate hands slowly picked up the cat and carried it in her hands close to her chest.

"I hate it when they let you out. There's enough room in the house" Lavina mumbled to the cat. She got off of the white chair walked towards the marble porch that had large poles connected to it and the second floor. She let the grass touch the skin on her barefoot, as the cat kept squirming in her arm's.

She walked through the door that separates her from outside and gently put the cat down watching as it scurried away. Odette walked into the room with a pretty blue flower dress on that was covered by a kitchen robe, Odette was very annoyed at Lavina because of the constant walking outside with no shoes or socks.

Odette brushed off lavina's shoulders and spun her around because of how dirty she was, "ne t'ai-je pas dit de ne pas sortir. si désobéissant" '𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐈 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞. 𝐒𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭' Odette scolded Lavina " en fait, tu m'as dit de ne pas me salir" '𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲' Lavina argued back.

Odette stopped and closed the door dragging Lavina back inside, "pourquoi" '𝐰𝐡𝐲' Lavina whined, she didn't want to come inside where the humid air rested and closed off walls were. She felt suffocated if she was not with other people having fun or if she was not outside, even when it rains she still has the urge to run out there and stand alone letting the rain softly kiss her skin.

But her mom would never let her out. The only time she is outside is when her dad convinces her mother to let her go out. Which is rare since he's never there.

"Maintenant va dans ta chambre" '𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦' Odette said as she put her kitchen robe back on and walked away. Lavina huffed and rolled her eyes as she walked up the long stairs leading to the second story.

As Lavina pushed the door open she saw a single yellow flower standing in a clear pot.

The flower stood by itself attracting her attention alone, like it was calling to her, and for a strange reason Lavina felt worried more worried than she should be.

"Mom, pourquoi y atil une fleur ici" '𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦' Lavina yelled for Odette, Odette walked over to the stairs and sighed "oh, I forgot... Mr. Boucher came by and asked me to give it to u... He said it was a daffodil" Odette hesitated, she wasn't saying the truth and Lavina new that.

Lavina snapped back into reality and ran over to the steps, "what do you mean HE gave that to me? " Lavina asked worried. Odette sighed and leaned against the stair rail "Mr Boucher wanted me to tell you that... He is inviting you to his annual ball that is coming, I don't know why but..."

Lavinas mind went in and out not understanding how to handle that. She's never been to a ball before, let alone one of HIS. Sure she has etiquette but not enough to behave in one of his party's. Odette quickly walked out of the room before Lavina could argue anymore knowing it's gonna take some time for her to understand.

Lavina huffed 'why should I go. He's never even introduced himself to me and when I asked before to go they all said HE doesn't want me to. Fuck this shit'

Filled with rage and confusion She ran back inside her room and quickly grabbed the vase spilling some water out in the process. she quickly dumped everything out of it, dropping the vase as well.

she watched as the flower got drowned by the water pouring onto it and the vase shattering into tiny pieces as it hit the hard ground.

The yellow daffodil slowly dropped to the floor with a few petals still hanging onto it, but it still looked beautiful.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Hola, srry if this seems rushed or what not ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌. Also I just googled the French words cause I'm to fucking lazy to learn the language for more than 5 days in my doulingo streak. But if u have any tips tell me plz.