2

Namjoon was having a hard time with what he just heard and really didn't know what to say to make things better but as I waited for him to answer I was getting an incoming call, it was my Mother. "Hey I hate to cut you off but for some reason my Mother is calling me , I need to get it."

"I understand ,get some sleep and I love you."

"I love you too , talk to later." I said as we hung up hitting the button to talk to my Mother, "man what did I do for you to call me?"

"Jaycee, why do you always have that tone when we talk?"

"Um, maybe cause you don't call just to catch up like a normal parent should do so just cut to the chase so I can get some sleep."

"I see you are about to put out your first book, why did you do a children's book, aren't you a little old to be doing that?" 

"Why print garbage like you write cause everyone knows that sex like you write is a joke? And even if it is any of your business which it isn't,it is an anti-bullying book, have you forgotten I am still a spokesperson on the issue?"

"I haven't but come on do you think one book will change someone's mind?" I got to my feet walking into the living room putting the phone on speaker getting Katie's attention, she looked up and I mouthed out 'It is my Mother', Katie just gave me a look. 

"Well first of all I don't need your opinion on what I write so keep it to yourself all I want to know is did you just plan to release your book just to outdo me?"

"Now Jaycee I don't know why you think that cause both of our books are totally different, there will be no worries." I shot Katie a look.

"In other words you are saying for me to not expect a big turn out cause you are better than me?"

"I didn't say that so don't start putting words in my mouth. I am proud of you to at least have one skill of me."

"Why does that not make me feel better? If I took any of your other traits I wouldn't be able to stand myself."Katie had to cover her mouth to muffle her laughing. "are you done here?"

"I want to see you, it has been forever."

"Um, I plan on being really busy and I can't see a way to pencil you in, wait I just did find another trait that is like you, I don't have time to talk to you just like you did with me, aren't you proud, Diane?"

"I tried to be nice but I see you aren't willing. I will give you a word of advice forget about your book cause no one feels like taking the wholesome route and I would hate to see you fail before you even get started. Call me if you want to have lunch, it will be my treat." when she hung up I took my phone throwing it across the room hearing it hit something, Katie saw me starting to shake so she got a hold of my hand.

"Hey if she didn't feel threatened she wouldn't of bothered to call."

"How did I come from such an evil person,Katie?" I asked tearing up. "everything that comes out of her mouth is just as bad as Sara, all the belittling, making we wish I never was born, the only upside was she never hit me she just ignored me." Katie reached up to wipe a tear that was falling. "maybe she is right?"

"Hey don't you dare start talking like that do you hear me!" she said. "what you just said is what she is hoping you would do and I won't let her win."

"Why should I think I can compare to her cause she is a best selling author and I am someone that has a not so good track record, which book would you spend your money on?" I said looking at her.

"The one that wasn't made up garbage like her's and get the one that was written with love and the need to protect others just like her." there were more tears. "how about we call it a night? You can sleep with me so you won't be alone,ok?" I nodded. "let me wrap all of this up and we will head up." I got to my feet walking over to pick up my phone to see the huge crack on the screen hating myself for cutting off any communication I could have with anyone back home, she saw me looking at it. "we will get you another one tomorrow, if you want to talk to anyone you can use mine." there was only one person I wanted to talk to right now. "is there anyone you want to talk to, you want to call Namjoon back?"