TWENTY-TWO | Promise Me..

PAST|RAYNAS

Sigh.

I wonder why i'm even back to this dump.

Oh, right.

To save my fucking friends, or atleast try to negociate something.

I knocked twice on the door, the small trap at the top opening. I blink as a woman looks through it, examining me.

After a few seconds, the trap closes.

Then the opens the door. "Rayna?"

I rub my arm and smile nervously, keeping my head low. "Hey.." I whisper nodding my head.

She looks at me up and down, her eyes wide. "Oh my god you changed so much!"

I shrug. "What makes you say that?" Yeah, I mean, after leaving WWE I started working out a lot more so I can't just act dumb.

It's very fucking obvious that my body changed.

But I like annoying people.

"Don't play dumb with me. Your arms are bigger, you look way more muscular than the last time i've seen you." I chuckle and she reaches over to poke the side of my arm.

She steps aside to give me enough space to enter. "So what brings you here? Been a while.." She reaches out to close the door after I entered-

"Adam."

I turn around slowly and Ava just finished closing the door, freezing in her tracks. "You- Are you really sure? He's definitely not in the mood to see yo-"

"He did. He asked me to come here actually."

Ava rubs her temple, looking down at her feet. "That sounds unlikely of him.."

"He hasn't stopped mentioning you in horrible ways ever since you got released by WWE." I cross my arms and look away, letting out an annoyed breath.

A hand comes resting on my shoulder. "You're not really trusting him right now?"

"Of course not!" I say with a laugh. "Then why are you back here? Weren't you the one who said that if you came back that you wouldn't be alone and that.."

She sighs. "..It would be to destroy him and everyone involved in his business."

"That's exactly what i'm doing!" I spin around, making Ava stumble back. "I'm not letting him manipulate other women to get them into this sick sex slavery bullshit!"

Ava closes her eyes and shakes her head slowly. "I appreciate what you're trying to do here, Rayna, but you and I both know that it's either these women he keeps.."

"Or you." She points her finger directly at my chest. "There's no possible situation where everyone is safe from him."

I know.. "I'm just trying to negociate here, alright." Ava scoffs as I arrive infront of the staircase. "Rayna.. He has clients across the world. He could care less about what you offer him."

I know. I continue to climb up the stairs. "I'm his favorite, as fucking disgusting as that sounds, so it'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

When I looked behind my shoulder, Ava had a sad smile on her face. "Please be careful. It's not a man that you talk to easily, he'll try to get into your head again. Brainwash you.."

I nod. "I know. I'll be careful." I finish climbing up the stairs, opening this other door and entering.

Immediately, i'm met with the worst mix of scents. Drugs, alcohol, cigarettes.. sex smell? If we can call it that..