Rome led the walk up to Carter, Monica passing by to take a seat on the couch.

"Go sit down, I'll talk to you in a second." Carter directed Rome with eyes on Brian and Lala. He stepped forward and set a hand on Lala's exposed side. "I like this look on you, V. So much more than the one from this morning."

He stroked her cheek and pressed a kiss to the opposite one, the same one Brian had kissed minutes prior. "Have a seat."

There was zero hesitation in Lala's footsteps away from Carter's embrace. She sat down completely against Rome's side with tense form. He looked at her as if to assure her she'd be fine but it didn't make her feel any better in that moment.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" Carter questioned Brian in reference to Monica.

Brian on the other hand only responded in regard to his girl. "Yeah, she's gorgeous. Best girl I know."

"You got balls, kid." Carter laughed it off, then directed his attention to the floor. "Women are a powerful force. You see the blonde sitting with the gentleman right there? Five minutes of her time, and she can get anything she wants from him."

Lala exchanged a look with Monica then Rome. What the hell was up Carter Verone's sleeve?

Brian watched as they got up from their seats to leave. "Watch...I wonder where they're going? Sit down." He immediately made his way over to Lala's side and sat down, placing a hand on her leg.

"So you lit my man's car on fire. Is that right?" Carter asked Rome in amusement.

"Yeah I did." He deadpanned. "I got a problem with authority."

Carter gave him a blank look. "I have that same problem. For me, it's cops in particular." Lala could feel her heart skip a beat in fear for Brian. He was being sought out, one slip and it was game over for all of them. 

"Let's take a walk, come on." He stood up to lead them away before Monica interjected.

"We just got here." She knew that when Carter would take walks with people, he'd be the only one to ever return.

"And now we're leaving, let's go." He restated to her and helped her out of the seat.

Lala stood with Brian and followed behind him, Rome lingering behind about to grab a cigar cutter again. Carter of course picked up on the habits of his sticky fingers and circled back for him.

When he passed by her again, his hand brushed hers sending a chill down her spine but not in a good way. She shifted over towards Brian a little bit more. The walk was intense and her heart was beating heavily in her chest. Mentally, Brian was planning a way to take down Carter and his two men while scanning for the closest exit. It would cost the case but no case would be worth the risk of losing Lala in that way.

They finally turned into another room, one that held a bucket with a towel draped over it in the center of the room. Lala inched her way over to Monica, hoping for an insight on what was about to happen. Carter made his way to the counter where the two women had stopped at.

"We're going to have a little fun." He spoke and poured champagne in three glasses, handing one to Lala and Monica.

"Thanks, doll." Lala chimed then walked over to Brian and Rome. She stood against Brian's side, his arm back around her waist again.

At this point, a middle-aged man and a blonde woman walked into the room together. They were giggling and speaking in hushed tones that came to an abrupt end when noticing Carter and the others. "Hey, Carter..."

"Meet Detective Whitworth, one of Miami's finest." Carter introduced and Lala's mouth fell open slightly. She knew Carter was dirty but she didn't think he had the police in bed with him yet when she looked up at Brian, she realized he already knew. "Thank you, sweetheart. You enjoying yourself, Detective?"