Chapter 33

YVONNE

"I can't believe APOLLO convinced FIA to postpone an entire race just so they can throw a fancy gala", I say. Guess where I should be? Austria. Attending the Prix taking place on 28th to 30th June. Guess where I am instead? New York. Because APOLLO felt like throwing a huge-ass gala to celebrate Duncan Sage's birthday, the guy has been the team principal for over a decade, so the whole fucking Grand Prix was postponed.

"Damn, Ari, that man of yours can be very persuasive", Liv adds. Yes, you heard me right. Liv. As in Olivia Estair Dunn. She and her husband happened to be here for work, so it didn't take them much to be invited to the gala. Right now, Liv, Aria, Lia and I are walking down the streets of Manhattan, after we just finished a photoshoot we took with Pandora. We all have a personalised charm bracelet they let us keep as a souvenir. My bracelet has following charms: a small Arc-de-Triomphe, a heart charm, a Gemini charm and a small "L".

"You have no idea", Aria responds offering her a wink. There is no questioning whether the two knew each other from before. They have acted like a married couple ever since Liv and Nathan first arrived at our hotel.

Liv sticks her tongue out at her and Aria smirks brighter, then returning her focus on Lia's phone, the two currently doing an outfit check. Aria is in a short white crop top, baggy jeans and some pink sambas, Lia in a grey rib top, a black skirt with a black leather jacket and some knee-high black boots.

Liv and I exchange a look. While I'm still matching the casual look going on with a black blazer vest, a mini black pleated skirt and some knee-high dark red boots, Liv went full Chanel mode. Combination of a black high neck rib knit sweater, a white mini leather skirt, black knee-high boots and a Chanel handbag, all topped with the black headband on her head. Outfit fit for a queen.

"You'll get used to them", I tell her, pointing at Aria and Lia who currently singalong to Unwritten in what must be Lia's ig story. "You should have seen them in Monaco", I continue, remembering the Monaco GP just a few weeks ago. "They insisted we do the whole Pink+White trend featuring every outfit we wear."

"Oh, I've seen that", she answers, a smile tugging on her lips. "You were so cute. Wish I could have been there,"

"You were on a diplomatic trip to Japan", I remind her. "Had a pretty good excuse not to come."

She shrugs, disappointment filling her face. "I know. Yet I never miss the Monaco GP. It's my favorite."

Right. Because Liv is a huge F1 fan.

"Can you hurry up?", Liv shouts at them. "I'm hungry, and we still have to run about five blocks to get there."

Having a girls day in New York means we can spend money on overpriced coffee and cute looking food. Especially when three people in this group are influencers craving good pictures, and the other is a queen who wants a nice holiday.

"Relax, Your Majesty", Aria tells her, the two returning to their teasing mode. I swear, those two radiate soul sisters energy. They even seem to be irl Blair and Serena. If they ever remake the series, I want them casted in the lead roles.

"Feel the rain on your skin", Aria continues in a singing voice.

As Liv is about to reply something, a group of girls passes us by, and while smiling at us, they continue the lyrics with "No one else can feel it for you."

"Only you can let it in", Aria and Lia now.

The girls chuckle as they sing the next verse, before they wave and keep walking.

"See, baby girl. It wasn't that hard", Aria smirks.

"Fuck you", Liv counters. I can see her two bodyguards flinch at that, but I can stop a chuckle.

Neither can Aria, who comes next to us and swings an arm around Liv's shoulder. "Okay everybody, Her Majesty is hangry, so I suggest we make ourselves on the way, before either of us ends up in a Cordelian dungeon."

Liv rolls her eyes, yet sinks deeper in Aria's hug and the two start walking in the direction of the restaurant.

"I wish we could stay here forever", Lia tells me on the way.

I smile, thinking at how relaxed both Levi and I were these days. He really needed this break. The pressure and exhaustion started getting to him, and I think we both started counting days until the Summer break when we planned a trip to Spain together.

"So do I", I answer. "It's good APOLLO made this gala. Levi really needed a break."

"So did Theo", she answers. "He keeps complaining about his back and neck hurting. But only four more races, then we're off to two weeks back home in Paris."

"You live in Paris?", I ask her.

She nods. "It's my hometown, and Theo really likes it. It was an easy call." Lia then looks up, her eyes meeting mine. "Where do you live?"

No fucking clue.

"Well, before this season I used to live in Cordelia. But now I'm married and in love, so I guess that... I don't know? Levi said I could choose. I am leaning towards Monaco, since Aria and Lewis are there. But Paris is also tempting."

"Or you could try it out", she suggests. "I am sure Levi agrees. Try spending some time in both places and see where you like it most."

Not a bad idea.

"We might really do that", I agree. "Thanks."

We walk in silence for a few seconds, before Lia says: "By the way, I'm glad things between you and Levi worked out. You both deserve to be happy. Truly."

A smile grows on my lips. Because for the first time in a while, I am truly and fully happy.

I never thought I'd feel it.

"Thank you", I whisper. "So am I."

"Party people", we can hear Aria call for us. Lia and I share an amused side-eye, before we rush over to where Liv and Aria are standing in front of us. We arrive in front of what must be the cutest restaurant ever. A bolt of flowers together with LED lights greets us.

"It's perfect", I let out. Lia nods agreeing, already taking out her phone to take pictures.

"People, less pictures, more eating", Liv says, walking inside.

Neither Aria or Lia make a move to stop taking pictures.

"Ari, I'll buy all the vanilla lattes this place has and throw them out the window if you don't move this instance", Liv tries again. I see Aria opening her mouth to comment, but Liv beats her to it: "And don't underestimate me, I'm a queen."

Aria rolls her eyes as she takes Lia's wrist and the two walk inside the restaurant.

"Huh", Liv replies, looking at the two. "I guess being queen really does pay off."

I chuckle as I take her by the arm and lead us inside.