[16]: Polite

[A/N: Friendly reminder that this story was edited and character names have changed! If you are lost you may want to go back a chapter to refresh :)

Kolya is now Kieran
Noah is now Niall
Krish is now Cris
Scorpio is now Sergio]

Niall POV:

It felt so unbelievably perfect that I was with Kieran. Too perfect. I felt so much more free and cared for than I ever had, and we'd only been dating for about a month. But he really was the sweetest person I'd ever met, and it was so nice to have him and a friend group for once. My siblings loved them all too, so they didn't mind when I brought the twins with me.

Kieran had taken me out to eat and we were sitting in his living room, waiting for his family to get back from some meeting so I could meet them. Kieran had already called his step dad and told him I was there with him, so that they didn't freak out when they saw a stranger in the house.

Kieran was laying across the couch with his head in my lap. I was texting Cris, telling him to shut up because he kept bothering me about...suggestively interesting things. I finally got him to be quiet and threw my phone on the coffee table. I looked down at Kieran and smiled softly, running my fingers through his hair. He closed his eyes and leaned into my hand, humming. I couldn't help the wide smile at how adorable that was, he was like a big cat.

"Are you nervous?" I asked. I could see it in his eyes when they were open.

He kept his eyes closed while I kept running my fingers through his hair. "Sort of. My family isn't necessarily the perfect welcoming committee."

"Believe me, my mom's not either. You're lucky you met her the way you did. So I'm sure they'll be fine," I replied softly.

He opened his beautiful blue eyes and I met them. We just stared at each other.

"Want to play a game or something?" He finally asked, sitting up.

"Absolutely, what do you take me for?" I asked, almost offended as I pulled my legs under me to sit cross legged.

"What kind of game are you thinking of?"

"Surprise me," I said, leaning back against the couch and screamed, barely catching the controller that he threw at me. I fumbled with it as I caught it, glaring at him. "You put way too much faith in me on that one."

Kieran stuck his tongue out at me, putting the game in the console. "I knew you'd catch it, calm down," he said, then came to sit next to me. "Zay and I played this game a lot, I think you'll enjoy it."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "If it's a battle royale game, I'm horrible at those."

He laughed, "No, those get too repetitive for me." He turned his attention back to the screen. The characters were all various colors and almost like an 8-bit style. It was kind of cute looking. "It's a collab game, and we're gonna have to work together."

"Like minecraft?"

"No, it's not minecraft," he said, rolling his eyes. "I don't have minecraft on this, it sucks on this console."

I huffed. "Don't diss minecraft, I love minecraft."

Kieran smiled, pressing start on a new save file. "I didn't say I hated it," he replied. "Maybe we'll play sometime. This game is going to test our relationship, I always pissed Zay off so badly."

"Oh boy..."

"Kieran!" I yelled, causing him to laugh loudly and shy away from me. I kept smacking his arm. "We were right there! Why would you do that!"