𝟎𝟓. 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

Start from the beginning

 "Are you still up for starting school?" Sue questioned carefully, Enola smiled at how considerate the woman was, it honestly made her feel a little safer, "yeah, I think it's best to just get it over with," Enola responded. Sue sent her a kind smile, "I'll make you some breakfast then, can you be downstairs in fifteen minutes?" she asked, Enola nodded, "of course, thank you Sue" she answered, she was more grateful to Sue than she ever knew was possible, no one had ever made her breakfast before, and the small gesture made her feel that for the first time in her life, someone actually cared about her.

Exactly fifteen minutes later Enola entered the kitchen dressed in a black shirt, worn mom jeans, and a flannel that was a few sizes too big. It wasn't the most impressive outfit but Enola liked it, the flannel she had found one time when she was hiding in the attic, and she saw a box with her mom's name on, it had been lying in the top of the box and she remember almost feeling like it was calling to her, she had never known much about her mom, and she surely didn't have anything to connect her to her, so she had stolen the flannel, which she knew was a huge risk because if her dad noticed it she wasn't sure what he'd do to her, but for once she had been lucky as her dad didn't notice it at all. Now she always wore the flannel when she was nervous or facing something difficult, and starting school in this new place was definitely nerve wrecking.

The breakfast was on the table and Leah, Harry and Sue were already seated, there was no sign of Seth yet, which didn't surprise Enola because as she had come to learn, the young boy wasn't a morning person. "Good morning" Enola greeted, and Leah smiled up at her with a kindness very few people got to see from the girl ever since Sam had put her through a heartbreak that had fundamentally changed her. Sue smiled and gestured to the chair across from her. Enola took a seat and Sue bit notice in the fact that the girl looked a lot better than she had fifteen minutes ago, while her eyes were still slightly red all other signs of her troubled sleep were gone.

Breakfast went by calmly, the little family went through each of their plans for the day, and they all said what they were looking particularly forward to which was a nice little family habit in the Clearwater house, sometime halfway through breakfast Seth showed up with unruly hair and mismatched socks, he too told about how he was looking forward to playing soccer in gym class, and before long it came time to leave for school and work, Enola would be riding with Leah and Seth in Harry's car seeing as he wouldn't be needing it, he would be spending the day at Billy Black's house, which was in walking distance from their own residence. 

And so the two siblings and Enola all went to the car, ready to leave for school.

♕♕♕

La Push high school was smaller than Enola had anticipated, she knew it probably wouldn't be a big school, but still there was only one building that didn't look like it could hold that many students, the biggest part of the school was the parking lot, she figured it was because some students had a long way to school, even if the La Push reservation wasn't that big, there was a long way between some of the houses due to the big areas of untouched nature, so many relied on cars to get around - including the Clearwater's.

Still the parking lot was full of life, with only fifteen minutes until the bell rang, students were meeting with their friends and chatting away before classes started. 

Seth had run off as soon as the car was parked, and was now joking around with people who Enola assumed were his best friends, Leah on the other hand didn't seem like she had anyone waiting to greet her, it made Enola feel slightly bad even if Leah herself seemed rather unbothered. 

The girl turned to Enola with a subtle smile, "Come, this way," she said, before walking towards the main entrance with Enola on her tail. The two girls didn't talk, but the silence between them was a comfortable one, they didn't need to say anything. For each girl knowing that the other was there, was enough.