040 the shitty father's club

040the shitty father's club

040
the shitty father's club

While Kiara and Cleo headed inside with Pope to wait for their friends, Bianca got comfortable in the surf shack

The wooden shed smelled of board wax, and a little bit like weed. It was clearly more of a dumping ground for John B and the Pogues because there were various tools, and spare metal parts lying around along with a couple of long and short surfboards propped up in each corner.

When JJ arrived at the Chateau with the Twinkie, he seemed to have walked in on both Cleo and Kiara chewing Pope out for his outburst. After a quick rundown of what happened, JJ informed the others that Shoupe had taken John B down to the station before following his girlfriend to the surf shack.

A light breeze picked up ever since the sun began setting but Bianca didn't feel like going back inside. So, JJ sat with her and they talked, sharing a blunt between them while watching the amber hue across the sky slowly blur into pinks and purples. By the time the moon peeked through the clouds, they both concluded that they couldn't hide this secret from the Pogues anymore. Bianca was ready.

So, when Sarah strode around the yard toward the hammock, the Pogues were already gathered there. Light chatter filled the air between the cicadas chirping down by the dock.

The fairy lights around John B's memorial tree lit up the small smile on Sarah's face, "Hey, thanks for waiting. Um..." She trailed off, glancing over her shoulder. "Look who decided to come home."

The group followed her gaze to John B who slowly strolled down the backyard steps. His heart swelled at the sight of all his friends waiting for him in his childhood home.

"Hey," Kiara chuckled.

"Welcome back," Cleo shrugged.

"Woah," Pope commented, giving the boy's disheveled appearance a once-over. "Good to see you, man."

Bianca tried to stifle her smile, "Like a cockroach."

"You gotta be kidding me," JJ smirked, shaking his head.