⟡ 21) Confession ⟡

Start from the beginning

"Excellent choice, Ranpo," I say, giving him a smile.

Ranpo POV:
'I never really paid much attention to this before, but her smile is beautiful. It's so bright, almost blindingly so, that it could outshine even the brightest of stars.'

"Are you two lovebirds done or am I gonna have to wait even longer?" I hear Yosano ask from the entrance of the aisle.

'Lovebirds?!'

"W-What are you talking about? I was just getting one last thing. We can go now," I say, rushing out of the aisle.

Y/n POV:
"Ranpo! Wait for me!" I shout while running up to him, Yosano following shortly behind me.

"Don't you mean wait for us?" Yosano asks me with a sly grin on her face.

"T-That's what I meant! I just... mixed up the words," I say to her.

"Mhmm," she teases.

"Did I miss something?" Ranpo asks.

"No! Nope! Nothing! Nada!" I shout while fiddling with my hands.

"Are you nervous?" he asks.

"Huh?" I say, my whole body becoming stiff as I stare at him.

"You tend to fidget with your hands and fingers when you're nervous or anxious," Ranpo states.

'He noticed that?'

'Now that I think about it, he notices a lot of things about me. Things that no one has ever noticed about me before. Besides maybe Haru.'

I must've been staring for a while because Ranpo waved his hand in front of my face. "Hello? Are you there?"

"Oh. Sorry. I spaced out for a second. Sorry," I apologize.

"Why are you apologizing?" he asks.

"Sorry... force of habit," I say, apologizing once more.

"No more sorrys. Got it?" he says.

"Got it. I'll try," I say.

"Good. Now let's get going so I can eat my snacks!" he exclaims, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards one of the registers.

'God, I'm hopelessly in love with him.'

~

After we got back to the Agency, we quickly got everything set up for when Kyouka was to arrive with Atsushi.

It didn't take us too long since there was a sizable amount of us working, including Ranpo who set up the snack table. Everyone was here...

Everyone except for Osamu.

~

"Ready, and..." Ranpo starts.

"Congratulations on joining the Agency, Kyouka-chan!" Everyone shouts in unison, minus Kunikida and the president.

In that moment, Kyouka's eyes had shone brighter than they ever have before.

~

"Cheers!" we all shout as we click our drinks together.

Everyone went off to have their own conversations. I sat with Ranpo, partially to make sure he didn't overdo it on the sweets.

"Oh! Before I forget, did the person like the candy you got them?" I ask him, wondering how that went.

"You tell me," he says without looking at me, handing me the candy that he decided on.

"It was... for me?" I ask him.