chapter 19: calm.

we lay there together, side by side, sophia's arms around my waist, her head resting on my shoulder.
her chest rises and falls, gently, calmly.
i look over at her, and she's already looking up at my face. a small smile set on her face.

"what?" i ask, giggling. i catch her contagious smile, making me giggle.
on the rare occasion sophia is smiling, it's impossible not to smile with her.

"eres guapa" she whispers, and i have no clue what this one means. but oh my, when she speaks spanish.

"hm?" i ask her. shes still smiling at me gently. she shakes her head, laughing.
"what did you say?" 

"nothing" she mumbles, closing her eyes and laying her head back down onto my shoulder.

"no tell mee" i whisper, as gently as i can, not wanting to disturb her calmness, it rare she's ever calm.

"no chance" she whispers back, a cheeky smile pulling at her lips.
"umm leah?" she asks, before i can protest about her not telling me.

"yeah soph?"

"do you want to come on a walk with me later? after dinner" she asks, looking at me expectantly. she knows i'm not going to say no. but i can still tell, she was holding back on saying it. she doesn't do this stuff, she never has. and she hates talking about it. it makes me smile that she really bit the bullet and went for it. i can tell it had been playing around on her mind for a bit since we've been laying down.

"ofcourse i do" i reply.
"oh shit. speaking of dinner, we've got to be down in the hall in about.." i flip over my phone, checking the time
"ten minutes. we're meant to be wearing something nice. "

"are you joking? ten fucking minutes!" she says loudly, hopping out of my bed.
"i don't have anything nice leah!" she sighs

"soph it was in the list of what you had to take, how don't you have one?" i ask, whilst rummaging around in my suitcase for something for me, and now for sophia

"i wasn't planning on going to the fancy stuff!"
classic sophia.

"wear this" i say, chucking her a black dress, it will suit her perfectly, wether she likes it or not.

"a dress?" she scoffs

"it's all you've got"

"finee" she hums, walking into the bathroom.

sophia's pov~

i look into the bathroom mirror. god i don't want to wear this dress.
it's a short-ish black tight dress which shows my body off, just a shame it doesn't show my abs, they're easily my best feature.

"are you sure it's not too short?" i shout, from the bathroom.

"just come out!"
i groan, walking out of the bathroom.  she looks at me, her eyes trailing my body up and down.

"it looks okay, no?" i ask as she stares at me.

"you look fucking amazing" she smiles at me.

"i'm getting this off as soon as i can" i laugh, even though i'm dead serious. it's a dinner with our sponsors, so there will be photos. the public has never seen me in a dress before, i've never been to one of the fancy presentations or anything, i couldn't be bothered.

"don't be stupid, you actually look great"  she says, placing a quick kiss on my cheek. we make our way to the front door,

"do you need to borrow some shoes?" she asks. she's managed to get me in a dress, which is pushing it. but heels? no chance in hell.