III

__________

The doctor was gone. He diagnosed him with a bunch of stuff, asked him more questions, and left. Dr. Scott said Omori, or... Sunny, was lacking in Vitamin D, and wrote a few other things on his paper which Omori read. It said he could possibly have PGD, and most likely struggles with ADL. It also mentioned getting Omori a therapist, which was obviously not needed.

There were probably more things on there, but the doctor noticed he was looking and adjusted it to where he couldn't see it.

Back to where he was before the doctor interrupted, he decides to explore this new place of what he assumes is Blackspace. Now that he knows that he can just open the door without his Shiny Knife, (though he still feels like he should have it) he twists his hand on the door handle and opens it.

Immediately, he's met with a.... bunch of doors similar to one he just exited. Huh. It was like Blackspace, but more white. So a Blackspace version of Whitespace...? This was getting more confusing by the second. Since when did the Dreamer ever create this? He doesn't know. Omori's not liking the fact that he's not knowing about things recently.

He cautiously leaves the room, also not liking the fact that this is something he hasn't seen before. He had been through Headspace's every nook and cranny, multiple times, so he was prepared for anything should a 'problem' have risen in his path. But this place? It was his first time. He hated first times, not knowing what to expect. He liked being familiar with things. And this place was not familiar. If only he had the Dreamer's memory combined with his own.

Omori walks along the path of the hallway with sparse decorations around, going towards the end where another, bigger, door was at. He opened it and saw a stairway leading up. Huh. Feels like Redspace all over again. He heads up the stairs, opening another door. The door lead up to the roof.

It's strange. Why does this scene feel familiar? He knew he had never seen this place, yet he feels like he remembers it. Omori feels a strange pull towards the edge of the railing, where a large piece of it is conveniently gone.

Should he? Maybe he'd go back to Headspace. Wait, why does he want to go back to that Hell disguised as paradise? Nothing is... real, there. What is real? Is Omori real? If Headspace's purpose was to hide the Truth, then does it exist now? That doesn't explain where the Dreamer could have gone though. There's no other place to run to except for Headspace, so is the Dreamer in there living his fake fantasies, like he was? So it still exists then? He was tired of it anyway. Repeating the same adventure over and over, stabbing Basil over and over, trying to find him over and over again. Now he lives the life of the Dreamer.

Resting his arms on the railing, he looks over it. It's a long way down...

He doesn't want to jump.

Omori wants to be real. Not some shell for the Dreamer. Not some alter ego. Omori will not succumb.