II

_________

Who in the world was 'Mr. Nejime'? He was Omori. Though the person was clearly talking to him, so he turned around.

Woah.

They looked.... bland. He's monochrome—was—monochrome, but everything else that used to be around him was colorful all around, excluding Blackspace, Whitespace, and Redspace of course.

"Where...oh, there you are." Someone said, noticing that Omori wasn't on the bed. "I'm Dr. Scott, it's nice to meet you." Someone—now Dr. Scott—introduced themselves.

Omori said nothing, and only blankly stared at him.

Dr. Scott stared back, waiting for him to say something, and after a bit of silence, realized that he wasn't.

"Your mother told me about your.... shyness, so I'm not surprised. Can you please sit down on the bed?"

His mother? Omori doesn't have one. What is he talking about? He only has a sister, Mari. He was confused on the mother part, but complies with the doctor's request and sits down.

"So," Dr. Scott starts, pen clicking and ready to write. "How are you feeling?"

He doesn't receive a response. He sighs.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being miserable and 10 being extremely happy, how do you feel?"

Omori thinks about it for a moment. Who is this guy anyway? Not as in what his name is, but who he is in general. He doesn't remember any doctors in Headspace...

Oh wait, this isn't Headspace. He thinks this might be a weird Blackspace... maybe? He almost ruled it out once he saw this... guy, but he remembered the Butler in the Cat Dissection room, and then there's the Wisest, a few humanoid creatures here and there, and also... stupid Stranger. But Butler was a cat, and the others were children, or at least physically. So... he's confused. He knows of everything the Dreamer created, and this wasn't a part of it.

"...Sunny?" Dr. Scott called out, breaking Omori out of his train of thought. Sunny? Who was Sunny? Was he Sunny or Mr. Nejime? Well, he's Omori, but he gets the feeling the Dreamer's body is one of the two. Or both? He thought they had the same name and was only called the Dreamer so there wasn't confusion, but apparently not.

Omori decided to hold up five fingers. That meant Neutral, right? How was he supposed to be Happy anyway? Aubrey isn't around to use Pep Talk, and for some reason he can't use Sad Poem to make himself Miserable. And doesn't this doctor mean Manic? Or at least Ecstatic?

"I see, so in the middle huh?" Dr. Scott nods and writes his reaction and answer to his question down on the clipboard.

Dr. Scott gives Sunny a once over, examining his body.

"It seems you don't go outside much, hm?"

Outside? Omori's gone outside plenty of times! Every adventure he had with his friends required some outside time. And what does going outside have to do with anything?

Omori stays silent this time as well, only staring at the doctor.

Dr. Scott sighs again. He knew the boy was 'shy' from what Sunny's mother had told him, but this? It was almost like he was mute.

"I'm.... not a therapist or anything of the sort, but I've heard that you haven't been out of the house until recently. Which would explain why you look pale. But you also look quite small for your age. A bit malnourished as well. So, I've wanted to ask.... does this have anything to do with your.... sister, Mari? Are you still struggling with her death?"

What? Mari's death? But Mari is alive and well. He was puzzled for a moment, but then realized. The Dreamer's Mari. She was dead.

She loved him. And he killed her.