Chapter 4

Location

Main Central Hospital,

Centre City,

CFB Dimension.

'How to explain to your dad that his son and his patient were former enemies turn to associate?' had been a question that was playing in Basara's mind. He hadn't told his family the detailed explanation about how he got his partner, Drazeros and what had he been doing during his free time. They assume he had been hanging out with his friend when the only person that he considers a friend is Riki and until now he still doesn't dare to even admit it. That was something he, Samuru and Novu had in common.

As he tried to find a way to answer his father's question, his mind raced as memories flooded back, reminding him of the battles they had fought and the animosity that once existed between them. Yet here they were, standing face to face in his father's office, their pasts intertwined in ways he never could have imagined.

As Basara tried to make sense of the situation, a whirlwind of emotions threatened to overwhelm him. The memories of their clashes on the battlefield, the bitterness that had once consumed them both, seemed like distant echoes in the present moment. How had they gone from being bitter enemies to standing in the same room as acquaintances, if not something more?

With a heavy heart, Basara glanced at Samuru, searching for answers in the depths of his familiar gaze. But the enigmatic expression on Samuru's face revealed nothing, leaving Basara to wrestle with his doubts and uncertainties alone.

Samuru, who had been watching Basara sighed in surrendering. He turns his attention to Dr. Syouya, who is still waiting for his son's explanation.

"Doctor, me and Basara are acquaintances at WBMA. We played b-daman together. Both of us are in the dragon group with my friends Riki and Novu, another dragon user." Samuru starts the conversation.

Basara turns to look at Samuru, surprised as Dr. Syouya turns his attention to Samuru.

"Really? How long have you known him and why did he call you Shigami?" Dr. Syouya looks interested in the conversation.

"Before the B-daman can talk incident. As for the Shigami part, I am using another identity for safety reasons. My name is Samuru Shigami. Is that right, Basara?" Samuru asks Basara as he looks at him to play along.

"Yes, Dad. Samuru and I are acquaintances. He looks so different, that is why I was shocked to see him." He joined Samuru. He was surprised that Samuru was helping him. But he had been acting differently than he used to. Maybe this is his true personality.

Dr. Syouya looks satisfied with the answer. "I see, Basara how about you bring Subaru to have lunch at the cafeteria? I am waiting for Gennosuke to come here to explain Subaru's condition." He said to his son.

"Of course, Dad" Basara answered.

"I will call Basara when your father arrives, Subaru-kun. Gennosuke said he would arrive a little late. Looks like his meeting has been dragged because of a sudden problem." He said to Samuru.

"I understand, Doctor." Samuru nodded.

"Now, off you go. You, children, must be hungry. It is almost lunchtime anywhere." He ushes the two boys out.

~ 0 ~

The journey to the cafeteria was filled with silence as neither party knew how to start a conversation. In their mind, both wish to have Riki here. It would be easier for them. They knew that they were relying on Riki, however Riki was the first person they were comfortable with. They walk side by side, enjoying the silence that each other offers.