⋆3

After what felt like an eternity, Math and English finally ended

After what felt like an eternity, Math and English finally ended. The bell rang, jolting Jiwon from her brief ten-minute nap. As she stirred, a voice behind her caught her attention, prompting her to turn around.

"The legendary Lee Jiwon everyone is talking about."

Standing there was a tall guy, approximately 176 cm, with a distinctive Australian accent. Jiwon found herself enamoured with the melodic sound of his voice, feeling as though she could listen to it endlessly without ever growing tired.

"Heeseung," another tall figure offered his hand in greeting, to which Jiwon awkwardly accepted before introducing herself with a simple "Jiwon." It was then that another member of the group, with an American accent, chimed in. 

"Where is Sunghoon?" Jungwon questioned, prompting the others to look around. "Probably with Sunoo," Jay speculated, but suddenly a guy emerged from behind him. "Who is talking shit about me?" the newcomer quipped, side-eyeing them.

"Oh, Lee Jiwon?" He directed his attention towards me, and I nodded in confirmation. 

He extended his hand towards me, introducing himself, "Kim Sunoo, your new best friend," which elicited a laugh from me, impressed by his confident demeanour.

"Back to my question, where is Sunghoon?" Jungwon asked again, prompting everyone to wonder where he was.

"Eating? I mean, it's his favourite food today," Jake suggested, earning nods of agreement from the others.

"Bros over food any day," Jiwon chimed in, capturing everyone's attention. Sunoo approached her and offered a handshake. "I understand why Jungwon likes you, because now I do too," Sunoo remarked, causing Jungwon to glare at him. Sunoo simply shrugged off Jungwon's reaction and pulled Jiwon out of her chair.

"Let's go eat," Sunoo suggested, and Jiwon nodded in agreement. Jungwon watched dumbfounded as Sunoo led Jiwon away. He looked at Jake and Jay, whispering, "Did Jiwon forget about me?"

"She sure did" Jay said. 

It was finally lunchtime, Jiwon's favourite part of the school day. Sunoo still held her hand, ensuring she wouldn't get lost in the crowded lunch hall. Today, the hall was bustling with excitement, as the menu featured everyone's favourite: Korean fried chicken.

"There he is," Sunoo exclaimed, pointing towards someone sitting alone and enjoying their fried chicken. With a quick tug, Sunoo pulled Jiwon towards the lone figure.

"Your girlfriend?" Sunghoon raised an eyebrow, noticing their intertwined hands.

"No, no, this is Lee Jiwon, Jungwon's friend," Sunoo clarified, coughing awkwardly in between his words.

Sunghoon's expression shifted, as realisation dawned on him. "I am Sunghoon, hawaii you?" he quipped, hitting Jiwon with one of his dad jokes.

"I am very fine, thank you," Jiwon played along, earning a chuckle from Sunghoon.