Chapter 1

It all started being dark when I was left alone in this world.
    I was laughing alongside my happy family in the car when suddenly,  BOOM, it all happened.

  I woke up to find myself in a white building 🏢 which the air was filled with strong scent of antiseptics and disinfectants. It was all blur for a second then I realized where I am. I looked around to find a young lady in white smiling at me.
" Pheew, you are awake", she said.  How are you feeling?she asked ,touching my hand as if to feel something.
   I felt strange and couldn't explain myself so I just stared blankly at her. I didn't remember anything or any occurrence that brought me here.
  "Who are you and what am I doing here?" I asked ,not sure of what answer to expect.
"My bad" ,sorry for not introducing myself. I am nurse Maureen, she said smiling like she won a lottery by introducing herself. I looked at myself trying to understand the whole situation but everything was blank. Like she read my mind,she immediately explained all that happened not missing the part that my parents and brother died in the accident.
    I found it difficult and very hard to take it. It sounded like a rock being blast before me. Everything around me was turning and before I knew it,my whole world 🌍 had collapsed. I faintly saw the nurse telling a man in white that I had passed out and some other things that I couldn't make out. Again ,I was revived.

       * * * * * * * * * * * * *

  My name is Davina Coker and I am twenty five years. What happened in chapter one is my story of how I lost my family five years back .Well,after being discharged, I went back to my father's house to continue my life. It wasn't easy at first,had to keep up with the fact that I had to fend for myself and also send myself to school . I didn't know any family friends or relations of my father, he always kept a low profile. Whenever we ask him about his family, he always say," I dunno why you are asking but I'll tell you,they got lost long time ago." Mum was no difference either, she was an orphan since birth and had no clue who her father was. She was trained by an orphanage and released when she was eighteen so you see, there is really no family not even something in the goddamn house that could lead me to any of them. No friends that I know of from both side except our nosy neighbor. If I was to describe my family, I will say we were kind of the loner and unfriendly one. Enough about my family and the old times. Now to myself, I didn't know what to make out from my family's death but one thing I was sure of, was the fact that I was gonna fulfill my dream and I was ready to go through anything.