5 - Pretty Lady

how strange of me to dream of you even when I'm wide awake

══════✿✿✿══════

"I still can't believe you. Moreover, I can't believe that you wouldn't tell such a huge thing to me." Mary grumpily grumbled from my bed as I was putting on a cute little outfit.

Am I trying to impress Arthur? Noooo, what are you on?

I just finished narrating the entire fiasco that took place 2 days ago at Arthur's library and to say she was surprised would be an understatement.

"Is he hot, though?" Maya, who was also sprawled on my bed, cheekily smirked up at me.

I rolled my eyes, but the blush that was creeping up on my cheeks didn't go unnoticed by her.

"Oooh someone has a crush..." Mary and Maya both said in unison and I threw a pillow at them.

Me, having a crush on him? Pfffffffft nah.

"But to be honest, I'm curious, why did you offer to hang out with him when you hated his guts?" Mary questioned and embarrassment flooded within me when I thought about the real reason as to why I asked to hang out with him.

"Point made," Maya agreed, chewing her gum.

I shrugged and started to comb through my hair, avoiding eye contact with them, "I just want to get to know him better," Then I turned towards Mary and smirked, "After all, you and Aiden seem to quite like each other. Arthur and I would end up running into each other anyway."

At the mention of Aiden, Mary flushed a deep red as she slid down from the headboard like a worm and buried herself in my blanket.

Maya and I laughed at her.

"But I know you're lying, there is another reason, isn't there?" Mary peeked an eye out from under the blanket and I froze.

Dammit. I shouldn't have looked at her. She figured it out.

I shrugged and went back to doing my makeup, "There isn't. I seriously just want to get to know him better." It wasn't helping that my blush was deepening.

When I was met with silence, I hesitantly glanced back through the mirror and found Mary and Maya staring at me with blank looks.

"W-What?" Fuck me for stuttering.

Mary raises an eyebrow and folds her arms across her chest, "Don't fuck with us. I know there is something else going on in there." She narrowed her eyes at me.