𖦹 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ- 04 𖦹

Playlist: https://spotify

Playlist: https://spotify.link/yXWMeIY5KIb

link/yXWMeIY5KIb

"This one?"

"No."

"This?"

"No."

"This one looks-"

"No." I had literally rejected every ring there was in the shop and recommended by the experts. Those that were in trends. Why would I follow a trend? I was supposed to make a trend given my status.

Lucas kept himself confined to a couch holding a newspaper. His assistant kept on following me. Why was I even here? For me to select rings while he would just sit around?

None of the rings were to much liking. They were all beautiful, all normal. They were everything anyone could have. I wanted something more special. Something that was meant for me. Even if this was a marriage of convenience.

"Give me something that is the only one of its kind. I am not asking for limited editions. Just show me something that no one else can ever have." I pouted my lips. My words were simple! How could they not understand what I wanted?

The assistant, whose name was Jeffrey, looked at me like I was making a fuss out of nothing. How would he understand? His master was to blame. So stone-y.

After fussing about for an hour, Lucas stood up. I thought we were ready to leave. But he came towards me. Our eyes met. He didn't say anything. He was expression less. Just like how he had been the whole time I had spent with him. Then he looked over me, to something behind me that had caught his attention.

"Bring me that one." He pointed at the thing. I turned my back to see what it was but he prevented me from seeing. He then moved to my back and felt him behind me. The hair on my arms rose and I felt weak on my legs. But I didn't move. I froze completely when I felt him gently moving my hair to my left shoulder. His hands gently brushed against my skin and it left a burning sensation. I saw him putting on a necklace on me. His hands went over my head. I didn't see the design of the necklace, I was too focused on his breath near my ears. It was getting ticklish. His hands gently caressed my collarbone as he adjusted the necklace on me. He turned me and watched. His gaze went from my eyes to the necklace.