Chapter 13 - Mimosa

Začít od začátku

"Ohh...You wanna get mad? You wanna hear what OJ did-"

Cheesy paused, realizing he sounded more angry than playful in his statement.

Fan's eyes widened slightly. Not with intrigue, but with horror.

"Huh? OJ?"

He abruptly leaned forward, putting both hands on Cheesy's shoulders. Cheesy did his best to not smile like an idiot when he leaned closer.

"Did he do something to you? Somethingbadorwhatwhatpleasetellme-"

He said all at once, almost completely illegible.

"Woaaaah! Slow downnn, man...It's nothing major.."

He tried playing it off to ease Fan's mind. The small paper man was breathing hard, eyes still wide as they could go.

Cheesy reached an arm around him, patting his back for comfort.

"OJ's no boogeyman. He's not gonna hurt ya."

Cheesy said. Fan's expression fell still.

"Me, however...Apparently! I committed the great sin of 'staying up past my bedtime'..."

He chuckled.

"And then, here comes OJ, and he..."

Cheesy dramatically held out one hand, and gripped it tight with the other. Fan gasped.

"He grabbed me, and just kinda gave me a dead stare. Like his head was full of lead."

Cheesy laughed, releasing himself from his own grip. When he looked down, the aforementioned hand OJ had grabbed seemed to have the slightest mark around it. Like his grasp had left a mark. He hadn't noticed it before, and leaned in closer to inspect it.

"And he HURT you!"

Fan took Cheesy's hand carefully, also inspecting the bruise.

"Pshh. No, I'm sure my dumbass did that just now with my little demonstration-"

Fan cut him off by pointing a finger right at his face.

"Watch that mouth!! No! He put his hands on you, and now you're picking up his sailor mouth!!"

"...Sorry?"

"No! No, don't say sorry either! It isn't your fault!"

Fan sounded as if he was reprimanding Cheesy, but he didn't have the heart to raise his voice above its normal volume.

"I'm not gonna let him get away with it either!!"

"Wha- what are you gonna do to him?? Haha- no no it's fine. Picking fights with him isn't gonna do anything."

"I- I'll show em! I-..."

Fan trailed off.

Just thinking of him made Fan go short of breath. What exactly could he do to OJ, anyways? He was pissed for sure, but he had no way of retaliating against such abuse. He was such a small thing. Defenseless.

'Oh of course you can. Go on!'

He couldn't admit how badly he'd been humiliated, or more so how terrified he was. But Cheesy caught the look in his eye.

"Fan? Something wrong?"