"Professor Fig is NOT going to like that. But on the other hand, aside from helping Adelaide it could give us more insight into Ranrok's plans."

"You really don't want to upset him, do you?" said Evelyn with a slight smile.

"For some reason he seems to care what happens to me. And at least when it concerns Ranrok and ancient magic I did intend to keep him informed."

"For some reason..." Evelyn got an oddly frustrated look on her face and then rolled her eyes. "Fine. We'll tell Uncle El."

HL

"Professor Fig!" called Genevieve as she and Evelyn hurried to the Magical Theory professor's office.

"Ah Evelyn, Genevieve," said her mentor looking up with a smile. Evelyn shut the door behind them.

"We think we could possibly have another lead on Ranrok's plans," said Evelyn who was practically bouncing with excitement.

"Oh?" said Fig his eyes flicked to Genevieve who held up her hands in surrender. "I haven't been doing anything dangerous!" well aside from the thestral incident that she WASN'T going to mention. Professor Fig chuckled.

"Proceed."

"You know Adelaide Oakes's Uncle Rowland?" began Evelyn and Fig nodded.

"Well apparently, he's gone missing and his last letter mentioned dealings with Ranrok's loyalists. Adelaide has a map of where his last camp was supposed to be and we figured if you followed it, we might find him and possibly another hint at Ranrok's plans," explained Genevieve offering the map. Fig glanced at the map then leaned back.

"I must say I'm impressed you two didn't just go off on your own."

"That was all Genevieve really," confessed Evelyn unabashedly.

"So?" asked Genevieve.

"I admit setting aside the fact that Rowland's disappearance is concerning and should be investigated."

"The Ministry refused to do anything," added Evelyn. Professor Fig nodded.

"Unsurprising, as I was saying it should be looked into and you both may be right about further clues regarding Ranrok's activity. I could explore it this Saturday."

"Us too, right?" said Genevieve. Only for Fig to shake his head.

"That would be unwise. Evelyn in your case I can't in good conscience let you put yourself at risk. Your father would never forgive me nor I myself if something happened to you. And Genevieve you already have to deal with these trials but I shan't have you putting yourself in danger where it isn't absolutely necessary."

Both girls made to protest but were overridden.

"That's my final word girls." Feeling a bit annoyed that doing the right thing had led to her getting kicked out of the mission Genevieve left the office in a bit of a huff joined by an equally annoyed Evelyn. As soon as they were well out of ear shot of the Magical Theory classroom Genevieve glanced at her friend. Truth be told she didn't love the idea of her friend in danger but at the same time she'd started to accept that her friends were capable of defending themselves and a potential camp of goblins wasn't too bad if they were together.

"So, we're not letting him go alone right?" Evelyn scoffed.

"Of course not. We find a way to sneak so far ahead that by the time he realizes we're with him he can't send us back. You got a look at the map, right?"

"Yes, it looked to be near Brocburrow past the river," said Genevieve.

"Right then. Looks like it's time to review our stealth spells," said Evelyn with a smirk that had Genevieve quite sure Sebastian was rubbing off on them. Or maybe her friend really was the most reckless prefect to ever exist.