Future Glimpse

It's a Monday night and the BAU is almost empty, there's just Emily and Rhea who are leaving after the team had solved a long case. They walk in the elevator in silence, when suddenly it stops causing Emily to groan in annoyance at the idea that she would be stuck in this small space with the woman she hated. " Are you serious?" Emily muttered before stepping forward and pressing a bunch of buttons in hopes that the elevator would start working again. " It doesn't matter how many times you press the fucking buttons, dumbass. It's not going to work," Rhea says with a roll of her piercing greyish-blue eyes.

Emily scoffed and said with a snark in her voice, " I don't see you doing anything about it." Rhea snorts and replies in the same tone, "That's because I'm not going to waste my energy on something that's going to take a while to fix." Emily huffs, "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Rhea smirks and says, "You're a profiler. Figure it out." "You are the most arrogant person I have ever met," Emily says, rolling her eyes, her back facing the younger girl. "The feeling is mutual, Prentiss. Don't forget that I had to deal with you since we were teenagers," Rhea states and Emily rolls her eyes, again.

It's quiet for a solid few minutes before Rhea breaks the silence again by quietly asking, " Why do you hate me?"Emily sighs before she turns around and faces Rhea, " You know why, Rei." Rhea is taken back at the use of her childhood nickname and the vulnerability that is displayed in Emily's dark brown eyes, but she recovers quickly. " You know, it's not like I wanted you to leave," Rhea mutters and Emily is surprised to see the pain behind the girl's eyes. " We were 17, Rei! It's not like our relationship would've worked out!" Emily snaps and Rhea scoffs.

" Don't blame this on the age, you knew what was happening and you never once thought to mention it to me! You broke up with me over a fucking letter for god's sake!" Rhea sighs and closes her eyes before rubbing her forehead. "You know what? Just forget about it. You hate me and I hate you." Before Emily could even control what was going through her head, she stepped closer to Rhea, trapping the Greek woman between herself and the elevator wall. She looked straight into her eyes before leaning in and whispering in Rhea's ear, "Bullshit. You could never hate me back then and you can't hate me now." Rhea's breath hitched and butterflies erupted in her stomach as she muttered, " What are you doing?'

" I'm not sure, Rei," Emily breathes before slowly pressing her lips to Rhea's. At first, the kiss was sweet and slow and Emily pulled back, her eyes full of uncertainty, before she was pulled in again, but this time the kiss was needy and hungry. The kiss turned into a full makeout session with Emily's arms wrapped around Rhea's waist, pulling her impossibly close, and Rhea's hands tangled in Emily's hair, tugging on it. After a while, the two girls parted, trying to catch their breath and Rhea asked, "Why are you doing this?"

"I'm not sure, Rei, I'm not sure," Emily replied before bringing her lips to Rhea's jawline, leaving a trail of open-mouthed kisses all the way down to her neck. Emily started sucking on her pulse point and Rhea let out a gasp of pleasure. The sound made Emily's whole body tremble with desire. Emily lifted her head, looking at Rhea before bringing their lips together in a sloppy kiss.

"E-Emily what are you doing?" Rhea questioned, her mind telling her to push Emily away but her grip tightened ever so slightly on Emily's hair. "Making up for my mistakes...," she responded breathlessly before attaching her lips back onto the Greek woman's neck. She continued her ministrations and left a trail of marks leading down to her collarbone, and Rhea let out a low moan. Emily brought her mouth to the other side of Rhea's neck and nipped at her sensitive skin.

"Emily we shouldn't," Rhea muttered and Emily laughed. She kissed her jawline again and whispered against her skin, " Why not?" As she spoke, she moved her hand down from Rhea's waist to her leg before running her fingers up Rhea's thigh. Rhea shuddered as Emily ran her fingers along her inner thigh and Emily's hand stopped. She pulled away from Rhea when the elevator doors opened. "I'll see you tomorrow," Rhea muttered before picking up her go bag and heading to her car.