007. shoot your shot!

Start from the beginning

Before Conrad could respond Belly and Sydney came over to them. The group all looked at them expectantly.

"We tied." Sydney huffed.

"How do you tie at ring toss?" Florence asked.

"We only got five rings each, we got the same amount on." Belly explained.

"Unless you were giving me money I didn't have any left for a tie breaker, so..." Sydney spoke sarcastically.

"Shoot your shot?" Florence turned to Conrad.

"Shoot your shot."

"Yeah, shoot your shot, please, I'm begging." Steven spoke loudly, everyone turning to him with furrowed eyebrows. Steven made eye contact with Florence who glared at him. "The game obviously! I wanna see Conrad destroy Flo!"

Florence shook her head at her best friend before stepping up to the now empty game, turning to face Conrad.

"Okay, five balls each. Most baskets win." Cam explained the rules. "On your mars, get set..."

"Come on Connie!"

"Go on Flo, you got this!"

"Shoot!" Cam demanded.

Conrad shot first, immediately getting a basket and turning to Florence, "In your face."

"Alright, okay, I'll let you have that one so you don't weep when I win." Florence laughed, before shooting her own basket.

The two kept taking in turns to shoot, each of them getting one in. "It's tied! Three to three."

Conrad took a shot, getting it in without looking at it and instead staring directly at Florence who shook her head. However on his next shot, the boy missed the basket by a few centimetres.

"All right!"

"That was close."

"That is four for Conrad. This is the last shot." Cam exclaimed. "Will Florence take the five-fecta and snatch the win?"

"You got this Flo!" Belly shouted.

"You got it!" Taylor exclaimed.

"You got nothing!" Conrad told her causing the girl to turn to him. "Unfortunately, basketball is all about angles."

"Oh, is it?" Florence tilted her head. "But you seem to be forgetting is that I signed up for an elective last semester..."

Conrad face paled in realisation, "You picked basketball."

"And unfortunately for you, two weeks ago, I broke the school record for most baskets made in a game." Florence threw the basketball without watching, knowing it went it from the excited screams from her teammates. She winked at Conrad before moving to hug Belly and Taylor in happiness.

"Florence Castillo is the winner!" Cameron announced.

"You can't cosign her angles!" Skye exclaimed.

"Yeah!"

"Wait, Skye." Taylor began. "Did you just math-taunt him?"

"I did." Skye answered. "And it was kinda fun."

"It was so good." Taylor high fived them. "It was so good."

"As much as it pains me to say it, it was a good win." Conrad told her. "An unfair win, but a good one."

"Well, I told you I'd kick your ass so..." Florence shrugged.

"I think you get to pick a prize." Conrad gestured to the prizes hung at the back.