17. it happened again

"He's in the hospital

"He's in the hospital.... the police...paranoia manifesting in delusions and... Harper..."

Dani stood in the room that Coach Michaels set up for her. Her dad was in the hospital, wounded. He attacked Harper, the night they were protesting for Miss Obah's return. She sat on the bed looking at her shaky hands, her lip trembled as she remembered what happened the last time....

3 months ago...

Dani sat in the passenger seat of Beau's convertible. The car was packed with screaming teens excited for Summer Riot.

"Oi Daniella!" Becky shouted and posed next to her taking a picture. "Oh my god we look so fucking good."

Dani smiles and nods looking forward, playing with the rings on her fingers.

"C'mon babe, get excited! We're gonna have an awesome time." Beau exclaims tapping her thigh as they parked in the lot.

"Dan?" Harper calls out seeing her sister with a group of Bruno students. She was dressed in a neon crochet top with a matching skirt and platform docs.

"Hey!" Dani shouts smiling and walks over to them. Glitter sparkled on her eyelids and her hair was curled with jewelry pieces and beads braided in.

"What are you doing here? Thought you and Dad were going to the beach."

"How'd you get tickets, we got ours months before and barely got them even then," Amerie whined.

"No that's tomorrow and Beau got us tickets," Dani states motioning to her boyfriend among the group of guys and their girlfriends.

"Didn't know you like Bruno boys." Amerie mutters causing the smile to drop from Dani's face.

Harper chuckles, "Since when did Dad let you have a boyfriend."

"I'm sixteen Harper, not nine." Dani groaned.

"Yeah but c'mon why him? He looks like a muppet. Does he live in a big house with a white picket fence?"

Amerie snorts in laughter continuing to make jokes and comments.

"Daniella!"

She turns seeing Beau calling her back over.

"I'll see you at home. " Dani states dryly and walks back over, leaving Harper and Amerie.

She forces a smile on her face and takes the drink Beau held out for her.

Five drinks later, she was in the crowd with her 'friends', still trying to have fun. She felt her phone buzz against her hip.

Walking off to the side, she opens the notification. Her blood runs cold seeing her boyfriend's face and another girl giving him head. The video was nearly ten minutes long, not that she needed to see all of it to know what was happening in it.