Late night confessions

After the party had ended and the last guests had departed, Sarah and Lando found themselves alone in the balcony staring at the stars. They were both lost in their own thoughts but little did they know they were about each other.

Sarah felt her heart beating fast as she looked at Lando, wanting to say something important, she felt nervous but knew she had to speak up. "Lando," she said softly, "there's something important I need to tell you."

Lando turned to her, listening carefully. "Of course, Sarah," he replied, his voice very soothing "You can tell me anything."

Sarah took a moment to gather her thoughts before continuing. "I... I think I'm starting to have feelings for you," she confessed "I've liked you for a while now, and tonight, being with you, it just feels right."

Lando's eyes widened in surprise, but a smile slowly spread across his face as he reached out to gently take her hand in his. "Sarah," he said softly, his voice filled with a mixture of happiness and relief, "I like you too. I've liked you from the moment we met, but I was afraid to say anything because I didn't want to risk our friendship."

There was a shared understanding between them and despite the overwhelming rush of emotions they were feeling, they knew that they couldn't afford to rush into anything.

Tears welled up in Sarah's eyes as she felt a wave of emotion wash over her. "Lando," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion, "our friendship means a lot to me. But I can't deny how I feel about you. I don't want to hide it anymore."

Lando squeezed her hand reassuringly, his gaze locked with hers. "Sarah," he said, his voice filled with warmth and affection, "I don't want to hide it either. I want to be with you, to see where this goes, but I understand if you need time."

"I really do like you but I think we need to take things slowly because no one can find out about this"

"Yeah, I understand, we'll figure this out together," Lando reassured her, his voice soft but determined.

Sarah nodded, a sense of relief washing over her as she looked into Lando's eyes. "Thank you for understanding, maybe, we should spend some time together to get to know each other better" she then said.

"Do you think we don't spend enough time together at work? You're always following me around!" he said mocking her.

"I have to follow you around or else you won't know what to do!" she responded.

"Yeah that's true..." he knew she was right.

"So... should we go back, we have early flights tomorrow." Lando reminded her.

"Yeah I think we should, I'm actually really tired know." she said yawning.

"Okay let's go." he grabbed her hand and walked her to her hotel room.

They stopped at her door.

"I thought we could get breakfast together tomorrow, I could come to your room and we could order room service." Lando suggested.

"Won't they see that your in my room?"

"I'll hide and you open the door." he said.

"Okay" she said laughing.

"Do you have any other ideas? We can always not have breakfast together" he said hurt.

"No, I'm sorry, it's a great idea." she said regretting to have laughed at him.

"So, I guess it's time to go to my room." Lando said.

"Yeah we should get some sleep." said Sarah who was leaning on him and stepped back.

As they stood there, the air between them seemed charged with unspoken emotions.

Without a word, Lando stepped forward, closing the distance between them. His gaze locked with hers, and in that moment, Sarah felt a rush of warmth spreading through her body.

Lando reached out, gently cupping Sarah's cheek in his hand. "I don't want to say goodbye," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

Sarah's breath caught in her throat as she looked into Lando's eyes. In that moment, she knew she couldn't let him go without expressing her own emotions.

Leaning forward, she closed the gap between them, her lips meeting his in a tender, hesitant kiss. It was a brief moment, but in that instant, the world seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them wrapped up in each other's embrace.

As they pulled away, their eyes met once more, a silent understanding passing between them.

With one final glance, Sarah stepped back, her heart heavy but hopeful. "Goodnight" she whispered, her voice filled with longing.

Lando nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "Goodnight," he echoed, his gaze following her as she disappeared through the doorway. 

The next morning they both woke up with a smile on their faces thinking about last night and how wonderfull it was.

Lando went to Sarah's room and they had breakfast together. Then they shared one last kiss before saying their final goodbyes. They were on different flights because Lando was going back to monaco and she was going back home to the uk.

Sarah 💗

L- hey, just landed. how was your flight?

S- just landed too. My flight was okay and I'm going home know. I'll call you later so we can talk.

L- great, I'll be waiting 😘

With that they both went home and spent the rest of the night talking and getting to know each other better. Sarah felt exited just thinking about where this would lead. She knew that no matter where life took them, they would always find their way back to each other.