Tokyo was a usual sight for Satoru. Now that he had a child, his days were rather busy. Although he had not been married to Utahime yet, he would be soon now. He was waiting for a certain someone to come back for a long time now. He had sent millions of messages and tried calling him for a billion time but they were all in vain.
He was willing to risk everything. He loved him so much that he even thought of running away. But he understood (m/n)'s feelings. His son would create diversions for them.And (m/n) was not the type to let a baby grow up without a parent. And finally, Satoru thought that it was time to just marry Utahime. He wasn't getting any younger. But he can't help but thinking if he had not slept with Utahime that night to make (m/n) heartbroken, would the outcome be entirely different? But all these had no meaning now as he was about to marry Utahime in a week.

He was a regular reader of (m/n)'s work and post so he knew where he was and what he was doing. It was him that thought 2 million of the copies of his first novel and donate them so that people could read (m/n)'s book. He visited New York a couple of times and stood near his apartment. However he doesn't have the courage to meet him. He watched (m/n) from a distance. His heart was crestfallen when he saw (m/n) smiling but at the same time it was all he needed.

Satoru grab some pen and paper and started writing down a short letter.

"Dearest (m/n),

I missed you dearly. Could I trouble you for the last time? Please come to my wedding on the XX XX XXXX. I want you as my best man. I would not be angry if you don't show up but I would be waiting for you"

The last thing Satoru wanted is to have (m/n) as his friend. But inevitably, the closest he can keep him is in that way.

For (m/n) the small message was like a million words. He packed his bags and flew to Japan. He wrote back to Satoru.

"Gojo Satoru,

I'll be there.

(m/n)"

He kept it short and simple but to Satoru it was everything.
On the plane, (m/n) wrote down what he would say in the wedding. It was rather hard, as making his relationship with Satoru as friendship was impossible. From the time that they met, there was little friendship, most of them was admiration and romance. They both wanted each other from the very start.

Finally, the happy day came. Satoru did not have time to meet (m/n) personally as he was dragged around by Utahime every minute. He looked at reflection in the mirror, he was not looking forward to marrying Utahime. They fought almost all the time. Not in a cheeky and playful way but with tension and hatred. She was not hesitant to throw her hands at him. And when that happens, he became feral and beats her up. It's not like he wanted to, he never started violence but if one asks for it, he was not backing down. To make it up, they would have rough sex without any passion or love. Just for lust and to feel relaxed. But after doing the deed, Satoru wanted to cry. He don't want touch anyone else but (m/n). However, he could not help his manly urge when she was grinding him between his legs.

When he waited for Utahime at the chamber, his eyes searched for someone, he frequently turn back to the crowd, hoping to see one person. The music started playing and he thought that (m/n) would not come. However, he entered the door just before Utahime, keeping his posture in a bow so as to not draw attention. He sat beside Shoko and whispered to her. Though the bride was walking, Satoru could not keep his eyes to her. His eyes were fixed on the back of the room. He glanced at him while saying his vows but he would never return his glance.