{4}

I arrived at his apartment, i didn't expect him to live in an apartment. I suspected he would choose something big and luxurious. It was a nice apartment building though, looked very modern and big so maybe it's just an expensive apartment. That would make sense for my coworker.

I knock on the door and stood there awkwardly as I waited for him to open the door. It felt like someone was watching me but I could just be paranoid, that's normal for me in public now. I get all anxious which causes my paranoia.

My coworker opens the door and greats me with a big smile. "Hey!" His voice is quite loud, I wonder if he gets noise complaints. He must be a loud person in general.

I realize I was standing quietly, must have been really awkward without me realizing before. "Oh, uhm, hey!" I laugh nervously. He steps out of the way for me to step inside which is what I do.

He shuts the door behind me then turns to me. I stay with my back to him as I look around his apartment from where I stand, certainly looks modern and luxurious. It makes sense now that he lives here, just didn't expect an apartment is all. Nothings wrong with apartments, I live in one anyway so I can't judge anyone that does. It just seems almost 'out of character' for my coworker.

"I'll go grab us some beers." He walks away to the open kitchen that is closed off only by a kitchen island from the middle between that and the living room. It's a lot more spacious than my apartment though.

"Okay." I muttered, I wasn't sure what to do with myself as he went to get the beers. I noticed two large bookshelves on each side of the tv. I walk over to them. To be honest, I didn't think he would read much. Not to be rude but he just doesn't seem like a person that chooses to read. I look at a few of the book names. Murder mystery books, true crime or horror. Huh, especially didn't expect that.

I notice him walking back over so I turn over to him. I smile as he hands me a beer bottle, gently taking it. I speak up as he opens his beer, me following after him. "Your apartment is really nice." I wasn't sure what to say so I decided on small talk was probably the way to go.

He took a sip of his beer, well it was more of a gulp than a sip. "Thanks." He chuckled. I haven't drank alcohol in a while so, as I took a sip, I made a grossed out face. I forgot how the taste isn't that good with beer. I've never been a beer fan or an alcohol fan in general before besides a few wines that actually taste good.

He looks at me as I took the sip of the beer and made a face, laughing softly. "Not good?" His voice is almost teasing and playful but calm. I nod to his question. He smirked. "You don't have to drink if you don't want to." He shrugged as he took another sip, gulp, of his beer.

"I've already taken a sip and you have it to me so I rather at least finish this one." I shrugged back, giving my reasoning.

"I can finish that off for you." He suggested. I was thrown off by that, he wanted to drink something I've already drank from?

"Okay...do you not care about germs or something?" I question. He shook his head. "I could care less." He chuckled out. Wow, I would've at least slightly worried about the germs from that. Maybe he's going to wipe off the top or something. I set the beer on the coffee table near us.

"Thanks then..." I mutter. He nods as he takes another gulp of his beer, nearly finished with it already. This guy must really need a drink, I thought. I walk over to the couch and take a seat, not wanting to stand anymore. He follows me and sits next to me with some space between us. He moved his free arm to the back of the couch, his arm long enough to fall over the back of the couch where I'm sitting. It didn't bother me.

I was thinking about what we could possibly talk about that wasn't work related. I like the job for what it is but I rather not think much about it outside of it unless it's needed.

"How have you been outside of work?" He asked before I could think of something for us to talk about.

I look over at him then at the beer bottle I put on the coffee table in front of us. I put my hands on my knees. "Uhm, fine I guess. Nothing much happens outside of work for me." I shrugged.

"No friends or something?" He raised an eyebrow and looked away, taking a sip of his beer. I paused at his question, I mean I didn't have many friends or really friends at all. I mostly kept to myself and didn't really like going out much to social places. I shrugged, not really answering.