Chapter 10

In a secluded corner of Hogwarts, Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter found themselves engrossed in conversation about the upcoming Triwizard Tournament task. Cedric's expression was serious as he shared his insights with Harry, his voice low and measured.

"Harry, listen," Cedric began, his tone earnest. "I've been thinking about the egg. You need to find a way to open it underwater."

Harry's brow furrowed in confusion as he processed Cedric's words. "Underwater?" he echoed, his mind racing with possibilities.

Cedric nodded, his gaze steady. "Yes, underwater. Trust me, it's the key to solving the puzzle. You'll thank me later."

As Harry absorbed Cedric's advice, his thoughts turned to Viktor Krum, the enigmatic Durmstrang champion. "What about Krum?" he asked, his voice tinged with suspicion. "Do you trust him?"

Cedric's expression darkened at the mention of Krum's name. "I'll be honest, Harry. Krum has always rubbed me the wrong way," he admitted, his tone serious. "Ever since the Durmstrang students arrived, he's had this air of superiority about him. And it's not just me—he seems to have it out for you too."

Harry's instincts told him that Cedric's concerns were valid. "I've gotten weird vibes from him too," he confessed, his thoughts turning to Hermione. "I don't trust him around Hermione."

Cedric's eyes narrowed with concern at Harry's words. "You're right to be cautious, Harry," he said, his voice grave. "Protect your girlfriend at all costs. You never know what Krum might be capable of."

Harry nodded, his resolve hardening. "Thanks, Cedric. I'll keep that in mind," he said, gratitude shining in his eyes.

But as they continued to talk, Harry couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air. The knowledge that Krum posed a potential threat to Hermione weighed heavily on his mind, fueling his determination to keep her safe at all costs.

Before parting ways, Harry couldn't resist asking Cedric one last question. "How did you know about me and Hermione?" he asked, curiosity piqued.

Cedric chuckled softly, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes. "It's not hard to see, Harry," he replied, his tone laced with warmth. "You two just seem...right together. And the way you talk about her, or the way you're always with her—it's kind of obvious."

Harry's cheeks flushed with embarrassment at Cedric's observation, but he couldn't deny the truth of his words. "Thanks, Cedric," he said sincerely, grateful for his friend's insight.

With Cedric's advice ringing in his ears, Harry felt a renewed sense of determination as he prepared to face the challenges that lay ahead. And as he walked away, his thoughts turned to Hermione, his heart swelling with love and gratitude for the fierce and loyal companion who stood by his side through it all.

In the prefects' bathroom on the seventh floor, Harry followed Cedric's advice, seeking out the solace of the large bathtub. He hoped the quiet and privacy of the place would aid him in solving the riddle of the golden egg.

As he stepped into the warm water, Harry sighed relief, feeling the tension melt away from his muscles. But his moment of relaxation was short-lived as a ghostly figure emerged from one of the taps, sending a chill down his spine.

"Hello there, Harry," Moaning Myrtle said, her ethereal voice echoing off the tiled walls.

Harry's cheeks flushed crimson as he tried to cover himself with his hands, suddenly feeling very exposed in front of the ghostly girl. "Um, hi, Myrtle," he stammered, his voice tinged with embarrassment.

Myrtle floated closer, her eyes fixed on Harry with a curious gaze. "My, my, aren't you a sight for sore eyes," she said, drifting closer until she was hovering just inches away from him.